Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

I'd love to kick the mirror off an SUV someday though.

I punched the window of an SUV once, a big top-of-the-line Range Rover. No damage. I really wanted to damage it in the moment.
20kph speed limit, I was doing at least 40kph and he was trying to bust past me on a street in the Liberties that was about 7' wide.
At the junction I tried to smilingly calmly explain the physics of the situation but he was already cussing me out. So I punched his window. He got out to shout "I'll call the fucking Guards!". I was like "No, I'll call the Guards". He scarpered.

A thrilling experience I admit. Can't condone it though. But it was cool. But it was wrong kids.

My greatest regret in cycling was while I was getting dogs abuse off a carload of youths I knew I was gonna catch at a junction. they were arriving to galway for the weekend, all presumably but the driver drinking in the car, hatchback with weekend bags stacked agains the back window. Could just crept up, opened the boot and lifted about two bags onto the ground and been clear before they'd have had notion what was going on, leaving them blocking a junction and having to get thier cans on cctv to sort it.

My greatest regret in cycling was while I was getting dogs abuse off a carload of youths I knew I was gonna catch at a junction. they were arriving to galway for the weekend, all presumably but the driver drinking in the car, hatchback with weekend bags stacked agains the back window. Could just crept up, opened the boot and lifted about two bags onto the ground and been clear before they'd have had notion what was going on, leaving them blocking a junction and having to get thier cans on cctv to sort it.
Dangerous but deadly

16 year old Lance in speedos !
so he was always a jerk. Mark Allen had him well sussed @ 6:24.

anyone watched the ESPN doc on Lance ?
no way am i paying for anything he's going to profit from.

16 year old Lance in speedos !
so he was always a jerk. Mark Allen had him well sussed @ 6:24.

anyone watched the ESPN doc on Lance ?
no way am i paying for anything he's going to profit from.

Yeah. That was some nice foreshadowing. Short of him saying: "Lance, if you've won SEVEN TOURS, fucked over virtually every human you've come in contact with, loads of those people you screwed have shit on you yet you've miraculously gotten away with everything to the point people think you're a deity, you've utterly dominated the sport and now have more money than you know what to do with, just call it a day." he couldn't have spelled it out more clearly.

I haven't watched the new doc thing either.

hard to argue with Phil there - cycling is for people in general.
except he forgot to mention the horror of fixing punctures.

i still get a buzz when i see a chain gang because it was a very rare
sight for most of my life (until last decade or so).

why did Fuji sell bikes to police forces in the first place ?
at least Black Lives Matter is now becoming de rigeur for businesses to support
which is different from 5 years ago.

back to Zwift racing tonight on Sky Sports Live and on youtube @ 7;30 PM

WHEELS FOR HEROES - Zwift race fundraiser to buy bikes for NHS workers.

Celebrity Race Announced: Chris Froome & Kevin Pietersen Join Forces To Support NHS this Sunday (link)

a handicap race with Froome, Ryan Giggs, Kevin Pietersen, Darren Gough, Flintoff,
Maro Itoje, Steph Houghton, Kristy Gallacher, Lee Westwood, Mel C and Olly Murs.

this has got to be hilarious ! will love it if Froome, who sets off last, doesn't win.
last 3 or 4 km are uphill.

i don't know much about Murs but apart from him i'd say Gough or Westwood will be off first.

I know nothing about Bike Co.'s or Fuji's corporate philosophy or anything. But I imagine since the bikes are already bought and paid for this is probably an empty gesture. We're not going to sell bikes to those guys that already have loads of bikes.
I mean, the sentiment is nice, it sounds good, but I doubt it'll hit their value on the books too much.

Please, if I'm wrong let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back