Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

They are really big on building wheels and I might get them to do it for this - if it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime bike
Lights seem pricey though

I know this is a lot of money, but I don't have a car or have kids, so I want to spend a few quid on the thing I love most doing

Hello John,
I've attached a quote for a couple of strong good quality custom wheels for your bike including a dynamo hub on the front and converting to a cassette instead of a freewheel (Stronger and with more options)
Not on the quote below are the headlight, taillight and USB charging system (I saw a note that you were interested in this)
The simplest USB charging setup is a Sinewave Beacon headlight which has a built in USB charger. It's a $360 light, basically the most expensive we sell, but is very bright and simple to use. An alternative system for about $250 would be an Busch and Mueller IQ XS and the SInewave Revolution, a waterproof converter, which has a nicer beam for city riding and saves you $100.
In addition, taillights range from $30-75 and the labor to do the wiring for everything is about $60, so depending on what you choose the lights/USB system installed will be $340-495

Let me know if you have questions about specific parts of the wheel build, or lighting. There are a plethora of options and we'd love to talk through any of them with you.

We look forward to hearing from you!

-Spencer
Cambridge Bicycle

1579276625669.png

to be fair, it's not that much, i spent over €400 for wheels for one of my bikes, and they weren't hand built.
Thanks, man
I feel better after hearing that

I am living for a biking with an internal hub dynamo, so I never have to fuck around with lights again

I know this is a lot of money, but I don't have a car or have kids, so I want to spend a few quid on the thing I love most doing

I just spend close to 500eu on what is considered day to day wear and tear on a car, and then I pay to drive it.

It's not even crazy expensive, my posh have-to-take-them-off to charge them lights were close to 140 for the bike. Worth every cent too.

Man, those look great. And they're light and tough.

Might get them to price those as an option on the new build.

Yeah I got them when I was messaging. They've taken all the abuse I've thrown at them for 8/9 years with only one broken spoke that I haven't replaced yet and was probably someone kicking it or some such while locked up. Have brake less on the back and brake on the front

@7 - No tomorrow Any interest in a Dawes Super Lighting that's been left out in my back garden? Was hoping to do it up but never will. The frame is too big for me and I'm 6ft.

Same model as this, but pretty weathered - more detailed pics HERE (not mine) - Reynolds 500 Cr-Mo frame

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
speaking of wheels, my front one on the commuting bike has developed a tiny bit of play. not a job i'll tackle, i don't have a bearing puller, but my local bike shop is good with wheels so i'll leave it to the experts.

@7 - No tomorrow Any interest in a Dawes Super Lighting that's been left out in my back garden? Was hoping to do it up but never will. The frame is too big for me and I'm 6ft.

Same model as this, but pretty weathered - more detailed pics HERE (not mine) - Reynolds 500 Cr-Mo frame

s-l1600.jpg
That's a lovely bike, but it's very similar to one I already own

1579701493904.png

I hate to think of it being out in the weather though :-(

Might be time to take that chain and sprockets round the back of the building and deliver the old dull blow to the base of the skull, boss.
Just had her tuned up
New chain, new stem-mounted gear levers, all new cables, new back axle
Added new bars too - hated teh ones on it

My baby's like new

1579715725958.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back