Jaysus cycling! (3 Viewers)

I have looked this one over and it looks possible

yeah, ok. That's dropping onto the wheel axle.

Is your bike quick release or normal 15mm nuts? This guy seems to want the QR skewer.

Does your bike have bosses on the forks?

edit, never mind... there's a photo of the bike up the page. Heh.

No bosses, and you have QR, should be ok!

I want to get something where I can do a semi-decent grocery shop – 20lbs of bulky crap
I’m sure someone is selling the right thing for me someplaces
A roll bag might work on my summer bike

For big shops I'd be advocating rear panniers. Front baskets really mess the centre of gravity up IMHO (even my little bar bag makes the bike handle totally differently in steering). I use 2 16L ones and get a weeks shopping for one person in them easy enough.

For big shops I'd be advocating rear panniers. Front baskets really mess the centre of gravity up IMHO (even my little bar bag makes the bike handle totally differently in steering). I use 2 16L ones and get a weeks shopping for one person in them easy enough.

Yeah, I was doing big shops on the bike for a few years, rear panniers are the man.

The one thing you have to keep an eye on is the frame. The daily bike was steel, and out in all weather, salt, etc. The inside of the frame was starting to get a bit rusted out. I could feel quite a bit of flexing going on when I was carrying really heavy stuff, but I ignored it.

Then the frame stopped being straight, and I realised it was fooked. Just be careful that when you're putting a load extra weight on the bike, the bike itself needs to be in passable nick.

Yeah, I was doing big shops on the bike for a few years, rear panniers are the man.

The one thing you have to keep an eye on is the frame. The daily bike was steel, and out in all weather, salt, etc. The inside of the frame was starting to get a bit rusted out. I could feel quite a bit of flexing going on when I was carrying really heavy stuff, but I ignored it.

Then the frame stopped being straight, and I realised it was fooked. Just be careful that when you're putting a load extra weight on the bike, the bike itself needs to be in passable nick.

Solid advice, thank you

Off on a little north west mini tour. Was wondering would a default bus eireann work as a platform for cycling side missions. Fits great, two locks would be better. At present my biggest concern is whether I take the sexy mountain/lake road tomorrow or the chill seaside one. IMG_20200105_114541.jpg

Off on a little north west mini tour. Was wondering would a default bus eireann work as a platform for cycling side missions. Fits great, two locks would be better. At present my biggest concern is whether I take the sexy mountain/lake road tomorrow or the chill seaside one. View attachment 13318

Here, AP, would you mind explaining to me what's going on in this photo?

what is it locked to there? Is that a Bus Eireann bus cargo stow or something?

Here, AP, would you mind explaining to me what's going on in this photo?

what is it locked to there? Is that a Bus Eireann bus cargo stow or something?
Yeah it's in the boot/trunk of the type of bus they use for all the West coast express routes. Have dropped myself into Sligo and am gonna spin about for two days moving slowly north. Photo was a bit shit in fairness.

Yeah it's in the boot/trunk of the type of bus they use for all the West coast express routes. Have dropped myself into Sligo and am gonna spin about for two days moving slowly north. Photo was a bit shit in fairness.
excellent...

where are you sleeping? Had you it all planned out?

excellent...

where are you sleeping? Had you it all planned out?

Combination of hostels and hotels- ive had the rough route in mind for months but only did the accommodation at the weekend, running about 40eu a night cos I'm not sharing dorms. Could have gone about 18 per night if I did. Heading through north Leitrim to Donegal today.

Off on a little north west mini tour. Was wondering would a default bus eireann work as a platform for cycling side missions. Fits great, two locks would be better. At present my biggest concern is whether I take the sexy mountain/lake road tomorrow or the chill seaside one. View attachment 13318
Went with sexy mountains. Pretty murderous in terms of climbing, in the region of 300m for the bike nerds. Stunning though. Nowhere near the fitness I was at in summer and had to rely on being stubborn.

IMG_20200106_153613.jpg

Went with sexy mountains. Pretty murderous in terms of climbing, in the region of 300m for the bike nerds. Stunning though. Nowhere near the fitness I was at in summer and had to rely on being stubborn.

View attachment 13325
Minor update: actually should be 10eu for a single journey with the bike. Seems to be some degree of driver discretion.

Pretty murderous in terms of climbing, in the region of 300m for the bike nerds.

View attachment 13325

I went back to check this - It was in the region of 570M and the bike was 30kg.

I feel so much better about how hard it was now.

Anywhooo 100% recommend bus/bike combo mini trips. Get on it before annoying people cop on.

Look at this sneaky fuck calling this a 65cm frame

1579199995299.png

When this one is for sale right next to it

1579200034470.png

i've seen a chap a couple of times around north county dublin who must be on a bike much bigger than that - it's got two top tubes. he's at least six and a half foot tall though.

Fuck it

Buying this

View attachment 13364
mother of god.

How tall are you? I'm 6 foot, and I'm on a 58cm road frame o_0
A 68cm bike blows my mind. I've been staring at this for about two minutes making sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.

I used to work in a bike shop, I've been at bikes for years, and I don't think I've ever seen a head tube that big.

I can't imagine how that frames must feel for you when you're chucking it into corners. Amazing.
I'll normally ride 57/58cm bikes, and I can feel the difference between a 57 and a 58 if I properly rail it into a corner. The first couple of times things flex, and it's unnerving until I get used to it. 68cm though?? Do road bikes feel like they are made out of spaghetti for you?

edit - that's a decent looking frame though. 150 delivered is decent. Post a picture up after you've built it up :)

(And remember to use molyslip / copaslip or whatever for the seatpost. I lost a nice campag seatpost to my last steel frame.)

mother of god.

How tall are you? I'm 6 foot, and I'm on a 58cm road frame o_0
A 68cm bike blows my mind. I've been staring at this for about two minutes making sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.

I used to work in a bike shop, I've been at bikes for years, and I don't think I've ever seen a head tube that big.

I can't imagine how that frames must feel for you when you're chucking it into corners. Amazing.
I'll normally ride 57/58cm bikes, and I can feel the difference between a 57 and a 58 if I properly rail it into a corner. The first couple of times things flex, and it's unnerving until I get used to it. 68cm though?? Do road bikes feel like they are made out of spaghetti for you?

edit - that's a decent looking frame though. 150 delivered is decent. Post a picture up after you've built it up :)

(And remember to use molyslip / copaslip or whatever for the seatpost. I lost a nice campag seatpost to my last steel frame.)

I’m 6’4”
I've had one before and it got nicked and I miss it – this way I’ll build it from the ground up and only have stuff I like on it.

I love the height it gives me on the bars – for city biking I want to be as high as possible, to see over cars and whatever else is coming.
There is a slight wobble on the frame, but it’s not unnerving.

I have my other 25” frame Fuji in the bike shop right now and they called it “VERY LARGE FRAME” on the docket
Wait til they get a load of this.

Gonna get big ass bars on it too

1579271342676.png

Attachments

• 1579271201015.png
    1579271201015.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back