Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

Doing some stretches before and after would be the normal or recommended sport/fitness thing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

not necessarily for cycling though. Like, pro cyclists never stretch. It's a non-impact sport so there are no sudden jolts to the muscles like you get from running or physical exchanges.

I think the idea around stretching is more an 'in-general' rule to improve your general flexibility level. Cycling does compact muscles too, so if anything, stretching after would be better.

I need to buy a bike second hand, so if anyone knows any going holler. Would prefer a small mens hybrid. I see loads on adverts but I don't wanna buy someone elses stolen bike :( Had my baby Giant stolen there last year and the feels.

@_Katie_ I've done about 3-4 years of physio for endless injuries. Most of it is stretching tbh, and usually stretching all the things around the sore bits to strengthen then bits that they are depending on to give them a break. Also I am not an expert, thats just been my experience.

@Benny Cake Kinda sounds so specific that you'll be building up again or picking from 2-3 off the shelves.

@_Katie_ I've done about 3-4 years of physio for endless injuries. Most of it is stretching tbh, and usually stretching all the things around the sore bits to strengthen then bits that they are depending on to give them a break. Also I am not an expert, thats just been my experience.

@Benny Cake Kinda sounds so specific that you'll be building up again or picking from 2-3 off the shelves.
Thanks Ann!

I was advised by a masseuse to start building muscle in my back. Gonna see if I can find some descent weights to start that off. Ugh.

Those massive blow up ball things that you find in gyms are good for back exercises. You can look it up on youtube, but you can do a sort of reverse sit up on them (lying on/facing the ball, lifting your head and shoulders). Also your stomach muscle provides a lot of support for your back, and that can also be worked on by the big ball things.

Those massive blow up ball things that you find in gyms are good for back exercises. You can look it up on youtube, but you can do a sort of reverse sit up on them (lying on/facing the ball, lifting your head and shoulders). Also your stomach muscle provides a lot of support for your back, and that can also be worked on by the big ball things.
That sounds both fun and ridiculous and appeals to me.

Thanks Ann. I actually bought a Surly Steamroller, which is an upgrade on the Fufi, and only needed to swap out the widesweep bars it has (weird) for the same low-risers as before, change the 18t rear cog for a 16t, and slap a Brooks saddle on there and bob’s your uncle, my dream bike!

Thanks Ann. I actually bought a Surly Steamroller, which is an upgrade on the Fufi, and only needed to swap out the widesweep bars it has (weird) for the same low-risers as before, change the 18t rear cog for a 16t, and slap a Brooks saddle on there and bob’s your uncle, my dream bike!

One of the nicest bikes around, congrats!!

also @_Katie_ weird question, but do you remember what year we did the Bike to Work scheme when we worked together? Trying to figure out if its been 5 years and I can do it again. I have a strong idea in my head that we both did it around the same time and both got matte black mens bikes from the Bike Institute and rode them around like a girl gang.

Last edited:
Just looked it up,

Ohhhhhh suits you sir

@_Katie_ where did you get your auld bicycle?
I was lucky bud, a housemate moved and left me hers. It is, however, a little too small for me so I would be keeping an eye out for another.

I look on Adverts and kind of try judge by the seller... if they're selling loads of bikes its a no, no.

also @_Katie_ weird question, but do you remember what year we did the Bike to Work scheme when we worked together? Trying to figure out if its been 5 years and I can do it again. I have a strong idea in my head that we both did it around the same time and both got matte black mens bikes from the Bike Institute and rode them around like a girl gang.
We totally did and they were bass ass and they both got stolen as an attack on our coolness.

Hmmmm - I'm not sure its been 5 years...How long ago did we leave that hellscape?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back