Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

Well that's it. No more hybrid bike for me. I done and gotted a proper road bike that I couldn't afford to get, or not get, depending how you look at it. It's some sort of Giant bike.
Got in the second hand section of the Cycle Superstore in Tallaght. Seemingly it was bought a few years ago by some lad on the bike to work scheme who never even used it once. Fully loaded with speedo computer thing etc. I don't buy that sales pitch for a second but the thing was obviously never used.
Nice one!

Thats exactly the way I came by my bike..lad got it on the scheme and never used it. Its been a great boon for the used bike market that scheme has.

I only paid 220 for my yoke and its like brand new..yer man just wanted it gone so he could get fat in peace and not be looking at it

Well that's it. No more hybrid bike for me. I done and gotted a proper road bike that I couldn't afford to get, or not get, depending how you look at it. It's some sort of Giant bike.
Got in the second hand section of the Cycle Superstore in Tallaght. Seemingly it was bought a few years ago by some lad on the bike to work scheme who never even used it once. Fully loaded with speedo computer thing etc. I don't buy that sales pitch for a second but the thing was obviously never used.

My 5 years on the Bike 2 Work is up in a few months so I'll get a new bike. Have ridden the shit out of my hybrid but feeling I should get a proper road bike next too. Then I saw this supersexy and superlight Boarman hybrid in a shop the other day and now I'm torn.

If you've worked hard on the hybrid for 5 years you'll absolutely fly on a proper road bike. I was happy enough on the hybrid but then Annette was away so I was out on her road bike. That's it, there was no going back. I'd say go for it. It's not like you'll be trashing the old bike.

Yeah I know. I rented one in Canada and it was deadly.

I've a hybrid and a road bike. The road bike easily shaves 5-8 minutes off the spin to work, but its a bit of a comparative danger in winter. I could upgrade the tires, get nice light mudguards for it and some form of carrier but then it'd be less craic and slowly be becoming a hybrid anyways. I use strava, under my own name. been off a month but i mostly have it to keep a notion of how much not-driving I'm doing.

Lidy is full of bike stuff this week. I just picked up a pair of gloves, they're horrible looking things. I'm tempted to get the small pump, has anyone got one? Are they any good?

Just bought a 2nd hand road bike, just for nipping around. Need to get some handlebar tape, where's good for that?

Find it very hard and nervy to get used to stretching so far to reach the brakes on the handlebars. Miss my Huffy with back pedal brakes.

If you're looking for reasonably priced pumps and other bike gear look at the BBB stuff.

Google fit update took away the target setting thing (this was the bit I was using).

I use strava for the long runs and google fit was soaking up all the nips across town and so forth.

Actually have open the stupid app now.

took new bike out for first long (for me) spin last week, 16km. hit a small bump and the fecking handlebars dropped forward, not tightened enough. Nearly DIED, lads.
Spent the rest of the ride pulling the handlebars towards me like a twat.

Next cycle, had a flat tyre by the end of the road.

Fuck bikes.

took new bike out for first long (for me) spin last week, 16km. hit a small bump and the fecking handlebars dropped forward, not tightened enough. Nearly DIED, lads.
Spent the rest of the ride pulling the handlebars towards me like a twat.

Next cycle, had a flat tyre by the end of the road.

Fuck bikes.
did you buy it from a shop? or second hand off some lad?

sounds like the shoddiest of bike mechanics in whereever you got it. I'd be taking it straight back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back