Jaysus cycling! (7 Viewers)

The thing is that the major harm being done by breaking red lights is that it pisses people off.
If you treat red lights as Yield signs - cross when it's safe - you're not hurting anyone.

I should bring my Irish passport with me here. Tell the cops I'm on me holidays.

yes, it happened today where on a red light where the person had passed (probably way before the red light stopped the traffic, i didn't see from the position) but by me stopping at the red light, by the time it turned green, i had a blue van man starring down at me, with no regard for cyclists.

which is safer-
- crossing at a red light stop where there is no pedestrian crossing
- having a blue van driver storming past you on a narrow road

You do not require a licence to cycle a bike, my opinion/argument would be that they cant punish you on your car/motorbike/truck/etc.. where the vehicle you committed the offence is not covered under that licence. Under that logic he could bare you from using a motorboat for breaking a red light.

You do not require a licence to cycle a bike, my opinion/argument would be that they cant punish you on your car/motorbike/truck/etc.. where the vehicle you committed the offence is not covered under that licence. Under that logic he could bare you from using a motorboat for breaking a red light.

Yeah, I think the Gard was chancing their arm.

Worked though. She was shook.

70 quid to get bike 1 repaired..ouch.

The other one probably needs a new back wheel. That's not going to be cheap.

Bike 1 back on the road. The difference is amazing. New tires, functioning gears and brakes. I'm enjoying this cycling lark. Might have to get a helmet and spandex next.

You got new tyres and gears and brakes sorted for 70 quid. That's a good deal. You wouldn't get the mini sorted for that money.

You got new tyres and gears and brakes sorted for 70 quid. That's a good deal. You wouldn't get the mini sorted for that money.

He even swapped the saddles and delivered it to my house.

I was a little shocked at first because the initial quote was for 25 quid...but the sums work out

The kids are back to school and they and there mammies have no idea what a cycle lane is for. There's me frantically dinging my bell and the dopes walk directly into my path. Other parents park their cars on the cycle lane. Noone looks to see if a bike is coming. I'm going to have to get up earlier now to avoid them.

The kids are back to school and they and there mammies have no idea what a cycle lane is for. There's me frantically dinging my bell and the dopes walk directly into my path. Other parents park their cars on the cycle lane. Noone looks to see if a bike is coming. I'm going to have to get up earlier now to avoid them.

Start giving out. 1 point for every child you make cry, 3 for a parent.

You mean they ignore your hi vis jacket?

In fairness I was coming from behind them. I thought the bell and the large pictogram of a bicycle on the red tarmac might be enough. But no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back