Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

So clips are only good if the bike is not part of any social activity that is not itself exclusively biking.

Got it. Useless for me so.

I dunno, you could have normal shoes in a back pack I suppose. The only place I ever ride to is my house, just in an increasingly circuitous manner as I get less fat.

You can buy pedals that are cleats on one side and regular pedals on the other side. They're mainly for mountain bikes but work fine on road bikes. That way you can clip in for proper cycling or wear normal shoes for using the bike to go to the cinema or whatever.

You can buy pedals that are cleats on one side and regular pedals on the other side. They're mainly for mountain bikes but work fine on road bikes. That way you can clip in for proper cycling or wear normal shoes for using the bike to go to the cinema or whatever.

This! plus you can buy shoes that look just like trainers but have cleat clips.

This! plus you can buy shoes that look just like trainers but have cleat clips.

I use the above two methods. Shoes are a little bulky but totally fine.

Also in those hairy areas of the city centre where you know there could be a potential to get a smack/have to stop suddenly, you can unclip and just flip the pedal round. I do it all the time

Came off the bike for the first time in a couple years yesterday. Hit some oil on the turn from Pearse Street to Tara street. Once I lost the front wheel, I was never really going to recover. Managed to stay up long enough for all the cars around me to see what was going on and stop though. The streets are all rainbow coloured from oil and petrol again this morning. These feckin wet days are a bollox.

Checking if anyone has any advice on this idea. I have a Giant OCR 4 that I would like to convert to a straight handle bar. Its pretty identical to the one in the photo here. Shimano brake and gear shifters integrated, 7 speeds on back, 2 up front. And advice/horro stories, what I should be looking for this type job. I havent found any mention on google searches of converting this particular model.

http://selfbuiltbikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/OCR4-Before.jpg

Checking if anyone has any advice on this idea. I have a Giant OCR 4 that I would like to convert to a straight handle bar. Its pretty identical to the one in the photo here. Shimano brake and gear shifters integrated, 7 speeds on back, 2 up front. And advice/horro stories, what I should be looking for this type job. I havent found any mention on google searches of converting this particular model.

http://selfbuiltbikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/OCR4-Before.jpg

would say its quite doable but you'll need to change your shifters and your brakes, as well as the bars. You'll need new brake and gear cables too (existing ones will be too long). Just make sure you get the right shifters. The brakes should be standard enough. Otherwise I can't see that you'll have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back