Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

fractured elbow and bruised face after some turned right in front of me this morning. -> brakes -> airborne -> road in the face

Hope you're alright damo.

Went up mont ventoux on 39/23 the other day. Will be buying a new cassette before I try anything like that again. Nice on the way down tho

39/23? madser. Never been up it. Would fancy my chances on a 39/25 though.

Yeah my mate had a 26 and spun all the way up. Few stretches at 10% is the steepest it gets, but it's the fucking wind that gets you. It's brutal. You clear the forest with 4k to go, round the next bend like a boss, then it hits you like a wall.

great bike/shit car

safety.jpg

Am I just imagining it or does the Irish Times have a very anti-cycling agenda?

check todays letters page. 2 whinges from people complaining about cyclists. One, about cyclists on the footpath, the other about cyclists not using the cycle lane.

while the footpath one is very valid, its not the major problem that the frequency of letters being published in the Irish Times would suggest. The not using the cycle lane one is not valid. I use them sometimes and don't use them at other times. I have a very good reason not to use them in the places I don't use them (either they're not cleaned or there just too poxy dangerous).

Anyway, in this time of increased fuel prices which is causing more and more people to consider their commute options, I think this rather irresponsible of the IT. IMO of course.

Who owns the Irish Times are what other industry have they invested in? It ain't cycling...

Am I just imagining it or does the Irish Times have a very anti-cycling agenda?

check todays letters page. 2 whinges from people complaining about cyclists. One, about cyclists on the footpath, the other about cyclists not using the cycle lane.

while the footpath one is very valid, its not the major problem that the frequency of letters being published in the Irish Times would suggest. The not using the cycle lane one is not valid. I use them sometimes and don't use them at other times. I have a very good reason not to use them in the places I don't use them (either they're not cleaned or there just too poxy dangerous).

Anyway, in this time of increased fuel prices which is causing more and more people to consider their commute options, I think this rather irresponsible of the IT. IMO of course.

They will publish responses.
Guaranteed there'll be a few people with their lycra in a twist in the paper tomorrow or Friday.

I'm not sure the paper really pursues an agenda via the letters pages. They have Op-ed for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back