Jaysus cycling! (3 Viewers)

there's idiot cyclists,pedestrians and motorists,people just have to cop on a bit and realise they're sharing a space with others and act accordingly.also cyclists should defer (where possible) to ped's and drivers to cyclists,its just common sense and courtesy.

^ totally agree with Theodore.

like all pedestrians who jaywalk. are they assholes too?

Yes, without question. And the very worst are the ones who push their child in a buggy or pram out into the path of traffic.

I seriously can't believe more people don't get hit here. Jaywalking should be fined. People walk out into the road constantly without looking. I always wait until it's green and people behind me huff because they have to walk around me to cross against the light. Especially now with the snow. Cars can't stop as quick. People are idiots.

Yep.

I was home before six so I'd say yous got the worst of it still the whole day of it was pretty heavy going. I settled on the idea that it was behind me just as much as it was ahead. The squallyness was definitely the worst, that whole being blown sideways is nuts.

I didn't cycle but while out jogging on one particular street the sideways wind was enough to blow my airborne foot in front of my other leg, very nearly tripping me up. Which would have been very very embarrassing.
I think tomorrow is to be bad again. The wind blows.

yea its shit. And this has been the shittest week ever for cycling (personally)

got knocked off the bike by a clamper van on tuesday. Nearly knocked off twice on wednesday. Also, a cop stops me on wednesday for going through a red light, even though I didn't go through a red light. The clown. Ended up telling me it didn't matter and to go on. Thursday the wind. This morning coming up Tara St nearly hit twice by cars trying to squeeze by me on the inside (though it was partly my own fault for not hogging the lane - though the cunts would be all over me if I'd have done that), and going home later (if I live that long) more fucking poxy shite wind.

Still beats the car all the same.

Another eight hours of cycling in the wind today, can't wait for cans after work...

any ideas where i might get a cheapish mountain bike?
wont be using it too often so really dont wanna pay to much for it....likewise it doesnt have to be anything fancy.

How much do you want to pay and can you avail of the work bike scheme?

wiggle.co.uk and chainreactioncycles.com are good for getting a gauge on prices.

cheers lads...havent looked into the bike to work scheme...whats the jist of it?

something 2nd hand would do me...wont be using it daily.

beachcruiser1tf9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back