Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

bicycleParking.jpg

Bicycles neatly parked.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...nalties-for-law-breaking-cyclists-486275.html

can't say i disagree with the idea,some cyclists are complete assholes and cycling without lights is just plain stupid,you deserve to be hit if you do it regularly.

No one deserves to be hit. Cop the fuck on.

Isn't there already a fine for having no lights?? I can never get over how crazy some people are cycling in the dark with no lights and getting right in amongst the traffic at junctions and whatever. I'd expect to be hit. Hell I don't like cycling in the dark even with lights.

Each to his own. I like to frighten motorists. It puts manners on them.

Yeah, I got a fined about 3 years ago for not having lights. Separate fine for front and back lights, totaled 300 quid I think. Which was a load of shit as I was desperately poor back then... fuck you Judge.

Whenever stopped by the Gards, you tell them that your lights have just been nicked and you're trying to make it home because your child is sick.
Free pass every time.

emmm......I don't do that, it's not an efficient way to cycle. Unless I get off the saddle. But maybe I misunderstand and that just refers to penny farthings or something.

Yeah, it's bollocks.

I wussed out and stayed home.

Wuss.

wasn't to bad today. Snow is still moving like sand.

well I was determined to cycle in today until I got up this morning. Just too much snow out the front door. At least 1 foot deep. And I figured there wouldn't have been a whole lot going on overnight by way of ploughing or gritting so feck it, another work from home today.

which means I'm playing video games for the day.

No one deserves to be hit. Cop the fuck on.

Each to his own. I like to frighten motorists. It puts manners on them.

Whenever stopped by the Gards, you tell them that your lights have just been nicked and you're trying to make it home because your child is sick.
Free pass every time.

You're a jackass!

Bicycle lights are cheap, so are reflective vests. Cyclists who go through red lights and otherwise break the law put pedestrians and themselves at risk of serious injury and give all cyclists a bad name. They are assholes.

You're a jackass!

Bicycle lights are cheap, so are reflective vests. Cyclists who go through red lights and otherwise break the law put pedestrians and themselves at risk of serious injury and give all cyclists a bad name. They are assholes.

A bad name? Please.
It's war out there.
Motorists do not give a fuck. Pedestrians don't look where they're going half the time.
Yet they expect cyclists to act like model citizens and sit at red lights when the way is clear.
I'm not obeying dumb laws when few others obey the good ones.

I'm a jackass in the saddle.
I gotta hold on to that. I preserve it because I need it. It keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I gotta be.

Motorists do not give a fuck. Pedestrians don't look where they're going half the time.

i gotta disagree with that part about the motorists,lately i have found them to be getting sounder for the most part,giving a lot more room when passing,not getting irate when they're delayed for 3 seconds etc.also,i have certainly seen more cyclists do stupid shit than i have motorists.
your right on the pedestrians though,they're like cows or sheep just milling about...

when i drove a motorbike i ell so aware of my surroundings because i had to be, now i'm a cyclist i find it way easier to get through traffic mostly because i can. anyone that takes a risks deserves the consequences and shouldn't think the other party should feel guilty, but should we do acts that to put other parties in a position to feel guilt or no guilt. the fact that a driver hits you when they are in the right doesn't make them feel any better. as a cyclest we shouldn't put them in that position in the first place.

A bad name? Please.
It's war out there.
Yet they expect cyclists to act like model citizens and sit at red lights when the way is clear.

I gotta hold on to that. I preserve it because I need it. It keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I gotta be.

I'm with this dude.

Never understood why couriers cycled like "maniacs" il I started the job myself. Maybe I should compile a list of the stupid/cuntish things I encounter from cars and pedestrians everyday.

A bad name? Please.
It's war out there.

If you actually believe road use is a war, then you are the cause of the war. try thinking about it like a big cuddly friendly commune, except some people are just not up to speed with the idea and its your job to help them onboard. you'd be surprised.

motorists actually really do give a fuck, the last thing anyone in a car wants to do is hurt someone, they just might not have had the opportunity to see what real damage a car can do yet, and might not untill something bad happens.

If you actually believe road use is a war, then you are the cause of the war. try thinking about it like a big cuddly friendly commune, except some people are just not up to speed with the idea and its your job to help them onboard. you'd be surprised.

motorists actually really do give a fuck, the last thing anyone in a car wants to do is hurt someone, they just might not have had the opportunity to see what real damage a car can do yet, and might not untill something bad happens.

I presume you've never cycled in Dublin rush hour or had people swerve their suvs towards you on purpose while you're trying to deal with snowy/icey roads and no I'm not talking about the numerous drivers who don't know how to handle their vehicles in slippy conditions, this is intentional intimidation through extremely dangerous and aggressive behaviour.

Still I find pedestrians stepping out onto roads and cycle lanes without looking first the most insane thing in the world, without the amount of it I see everyday I'm surprised more pedestrians aren't killed by cyclists. Perhaps the insane and reckless cyclists are actually a lot more in control and aware of their surroundings then most people think.

I seriously can't believe more people don't get hit here. Jaywalking should be fined. People walk out into the road constantly without looking. I always wait until it's green and people behind me huff because they have to walk around me to cross against the light. Especially now with the snow. Cars can't stop as quick. People are idiots.

I seriously can't believe more people don't get hit here. Jaywalking should be fined. People walk out into the road constantly without looking. I always wait until it's green and people behind me huff because they have to walk around me to cross against the light. Especially now with the snow. Cars can't stop as quick. People are idiots.

This is exactly what I was on about in the last post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back