Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

after sunday's heroics, i went for a cycle just an hour ago. sore and not in a good way. sore in a way that will hurt my sleeping tonight. i crashed goingdownhill at approximately 45km/h. hit a rough patch on the road and that's when i lost control. into grass and went flying

wheel buckled, helmet cracked, cuts and bruises on me. people where coming in opposite direction so they gave me a lift home.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone ever biked from JFK to Manhattan?
Is it all highway, or are there regular roads?

Thinking of doing it this weekend.

Not that anyone was waiting for answer here but this is totally doable btw.
Pack your bike on the plane and you can take the AirTrain to Howard Beach subway stop and get off there.
Straighten your bike and stick your bag on your back, you're in NY.
Prob less than an hour to Prospect Park in Brooklyn.
Not the most scenic part of NY but fun nonetheless.

There's been 1,000,000 bike rides on that Dublin cycle hire scheme apparently. I was cautiously optimistic about it, but it's been way more successful than I thought it would be.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0814/transport.html

Well done, casual cyclists of Dublin. Tuck your socks of success into your suit-trousers of pride, and RIDE ON!

Wait, that doesn't make any sense.

I of course meant to say:
"tuck your suit-trousers of pride into your socks of success"
D'oh.

I wonder how many bike rides it'll take before they actually put some decent cycle lanes around the city centre?
They should stop with the cycle lanes, the ones they are putting down are dangerous and they will never ever get it right. Not only should they not make any new ones, I think they should sandblast the existing lanes off the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back