Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

gotta wear helmets

her indoors had a nasty bike crash a few years back, and ended up hitting her head on the ground, got a really nasty concussion amongst other things. if she'd not been wearing a helmet the injury would have been a hell of a lot more serious. i didn't wear one before that happened, and i've never been without one since

also, as gary pointed out, if you're in an accident and need to take it to court after, not having a helmet on (at the time of the accident, you probably don't need to wear one to court) will take the legs out from your case

That's pretty much my entire daily route there.

DCP01404.jpg

That's my favourite.

It just occured to me that the pics on this site are 4 or 5 years old. There's been almost no change to the lanes in all that time.

I don't really like the tone of that site or anything but, still, it's mad like. 5 years, no change.

tis. There *should* be a little track between the shelters going to the pedestrian crossing, which should also also be a cyclists crossing. That would make sense.
The cycle track on the footpath is of course one way, a fact which eludes dozens of cyclists every day.

Nearly knocked down two cyclists in the last week -was stuck in rush hour traffic, my lane was stopped but the other one was empty so i signalled and pulled in a little left to give myself space to do a U-turn, signalled, checked my mirrors and went to pull out right to turn and he swerved from the inside to the center of the road to try go around me as i pulled around. Started shouting at me as he pulled past. In retrospect i should have run him over. The other guy came flying down a hill into a roundabout with headphones on, no helmet and no shoes, and went flying around the center of the roundabout and out the other side, nearly causing a pileup as people swerved to avoid him. Probably the most dangerous thing i've ever seen anyone do on the road.

I know all you's are probably fantastically careful cyclists etc, but i see more dangerous and obscructive cycling than i do safe and careful.

My 1st puncture. In Fairview. Bogey. I walked the bike into work and now I don't know what to do with it.

I've never been able to fix a puncture with a puncture repair kit. Ever.

Yes, perhaps I should have considered this earlier on, but I didn’t. What am I going to do? Please help.
Thanks.

Cycled into work today for the first time in ages.
My pet hate remains: motorbikes/mopeds in the cycle lanes.
FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS!!!

My 1st puncture. In Fairview. Bogey. I walked the bike into work and now I don't know what to do with it.

Yes, perhaps I should have considered this earlier on, but I didn’t. What am I going to do? Please help.
Thanks.

Learn how to fix them it's easy, in the mean time buy a new tube.

Thanks.

fairview is actually not a bad spot to have a puncture, given that it has two bike shops - same happened to me a couple of weeks ago: dropped the bike into one of the shops, came back on my way home and collected it complete with new tube. lazy option, but it worked.

Aye, but one of them doesn't open till 10am. I didn't see the other one, where's that?

If I could at least buy a tube tonight it would make things easier for me, but I'm having trouble finding ANY bike shop listings on the net, nevermind opening times.

Aye, but one of them doesn't open till 10am. I didn't see the other one, where's that?

If I could at least buy a tube tonight it would make things easier for me, but I'm having trouble finding ANY bike shop listings on the net, nevermind opening times.

there's city cycles, which is the one that doesn't open til 10, then there's little sport, which i *think* opens at 9. it's just next to the pedestrian footbridge.

Where abouts in town do you work?

It's grand, I gots to get to Artane cycles (just off the Artane roundabout) by 6. It's about a half hour walk away.

I've to get 3 Busses home though. possibly 4, ugh.

Always carry a spare tube(a repair kit too,just in case) It's much handier to change a tube than fix a flat,especially in the pisssing rain or dark. Of course you will also need a pump.
A repair kit should cost less than half the price of a tube,it'll fix about 8 flats. Do the maths and you'll see why it's worth learning to fix them.

Well I got it fixed. Then it burst again, the guy missed a bit of glass that was stuck in the tyre. So they fixed it a second time.

Then I took a tumble on the way home. Had a big gear bag on my back and I was tired after training. So I wasn't physically able to get up off the ground for a while. But no major damage to me or the bike.

All in all, not a great day for the cycling adventures of seanc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back