Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

I did an hour on the hybrid this morning before work. Second time on a bike in 3 months (first time was cycling out to the start of the Ras last thursday - also did about an hour). Not sure if its lack of fitness or just that my body is falling apart, but its just not as easy as it used to be.
i remember the first time i got back on the bike after a few years off it, i did 13km - up to the st margaret's end of the main runway at the airport, and back home, and i felt like death warmed up for nearly an hour after. i very obviously mistook strength for stamina.

It's fitness, you will get it back

We just gotta put the miles back on our legs
I've had a broken foot for months and it sucks getting back into it, but I know each shitty day makes the next one slightly less shitty

Good lukc
yeah, I was doing big miles up until the pandemic and then the head went. I was keeping a bit in touch as I still had a commute a few days a week, but now I've gone fully remote there's no commute anymore, so I have to discipline myself to get out and get some miles in.

For what it's worth, I can't do things for the sake of it

Like if I'm running, I usually need a race ahead of me
Or with the biking, some long journey I want to do and I need miles on the legs for

Otherwise, I lose the commitment and let it drift til 'tomorrow'

But that's me.

i'm getting about 150km a week in at the moment. almost all north county dublin and meath; there's some good short punchy climbs out around bellewstown.
thats quality mileage. I used to get around 200-250km a week between the commute and the saturday spin. Now there is no commute and no saturday spin. Though I still have a Zwift subs and have been in Watopia once or twice. I hope to do a lot more of that when this horrible hot weather goes away.

i'm getting about 150km a week in at the moment. almost all north county dublin and meath; there's some good short punchy climbs out around bellewstown.
How do you split that up? Like how many days.

Like I have a regular loop ride in the morning before work that is about 20km - like 45 minutes
I am trying to create a 32km one, but that's more shitty roads - and I'd love to get that close to an hour
But you can't really do that speed on city roads with traffic lights and all that gear*

*all that gear includes old man legs

I typically get out two to four times a week. My wife goes horseriding in north county Dublin (not far from coolquay) and I throw the bike in the boot, drive her out, and head out from there. Typically 45 to 70km at a time. I'm fairly fit, managed an average of 31.5km/h over a reasonably flat 50km recently.

I typically get out two to four times a week. My wife goes horseriding in north county Dublin (not far from coolquay) and I throw the bike in the boot, drive her out, and head out from there. Typically 45 to 70km at a time. I'm fairly fit, managed an average of 31.5km/h over a reasonably flat 50km recently.
20 mph? (I have to convert for my old brain)

Sweet holy heck, I would love to do that over that kind of distance
Not sure I will see it now this side of 50 without a serious commitment
Maybe I just need a new bike though, heh

Fair fucks, man

heading to inishowen at the weekend for a family thing. tempted to throw the bike in the car so i can sneak out and have a pop at the mamore gap when i'm there, but i dunno if that would look a bit odd, given the nature of the gathering.

heading to inishowen at the weekend for a family thing. tempted to throw the bike in the car so i can sneak out and have a pop at the mamore gap when i'm there, but i dunno if that would look a bit odd, given the nature of the gathering.

I cycled to a 30th in the midlands once and they never forgave me

Do it, man

Anyone that loves you and understands you, will want that experience for you anyways
The way you would if your missus wanted to go do something that was important to her

You'll be a happier, better family-gathering attender because of it

Do it

i started following him on instagram.
Do it, man

Anyone that loves you and understands you, will want that experience for you anyways
The way you would if your missus wanted to go do something that was important to her

You'll be a happier, better family-gathering attender because of it

Do it
It's for the scattering of my aunt's ashes, with a bunch of cousins I haven't seen in five years ago could be awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back