Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

this is what i got my wife - we were lucky, the previous owner sold it back to the shop after a knee operation, with just over 400km on the clock. not a chance of getting an e-bike these days otherwise apparently. i know someone who contacted decathlon and was told the bike he wants will be back in stock after christmas.

this is what i got my wife - we were lucky, the previous owner sold it back to the shop after a knee operation, with just over 400km on the clock. not a chance of getting an e-bike these days otherwise apparently. i know someone who contacted decathlon and was told the bike he wants will be back in stock after christmas.

FIVE HUNDRED Watts is the entry config?

Goddam.

Actually, no it isn't, 500 Watt hours. The bike puts out 250W. Jesus. I was thinking.

250W, plus say 100W from the rider say? is going to have you moving along at a handy enough pace. Decent.

Do any of them do regen on downhills or any of that kind of crack?

don't think so, the wheels are not connected to the motor in a way which would allow that.
250W is the legal limit, beyond which it'd legally be a moped. but there are lads out there with 1000W motors which can do 50km/h - not that wise to be doing that regularly on bicycle grade brakes, i suspect.

i have been warned about chain wear on these things, a lot of people are happy to let the motor do all the work and forget that the motor has an easier time of it too if you use the gears correctly. so they can chew through chains if you're not being sensible.

also - the motor can't provide assistance above 25km/h.

I lost a load of weight and got fitter than I'd been in years when my car was in the garage.
Now the bikes I have are rotting away behind my shed and I'm fat and unhealthy again.
Thinking of giving them to that "donate a bike to Africa" scheme before they're too fucked.

depending on how fucked it might be better to bring them straight to the metal yard.
The bike / recycle gang I work for - about 20% of what we are salvaging is legit for a new user, a fair bit is parted out, but at large still 70% ish is metal recycling already.

But like, you should put oil on them if anything.

if they've been exposed to the elements for a long time, certain bits might be shagged. cheap suspension forks often seize up, and are not worth fixing.

Yeah those are 'scrapyard on sight' for us.
Plane Jane mountain bikes with no suspension have the best turnover for recycling/getting back into usage because the configurations are common and simple.
vintage stuff is left to the two greybeards who know that stuff better, but its more likely to be held because it looks nice and the factoriesa bit less about churning.
Anyone spots an Irish Raleigh, hang on to it or get it to a bike nerd.

vintage stuff is left to the two greybeards who know that stuff better, but its more likely to be held because it looks nice and the factoriesa bit less about churning.
i got a couple of decent components from the rediscovery centre in ballymun, for the bike i restored last winter; mark, the bike chap up there had been reluctant to use them because he didn't have any rebuilds they'd suit, but when he saw what i was doing, was happy to sell them to me for a decent price because he knew i wanted to do them justice.

he's down in cork. and the funny thing is, with whatever interactions i've had with drivers over the years, i reckon cork and louth reg plates are over-represented

I'd a loaner car to sort all my bulk things for the week while I fix car things and spent the whole day grinding about in traffic watching people cycle about in bliss.

IMG-0803.jpg

another amazing day. I found this house here: Google Maps

The map doesn't really do it justice, it was on the edge of the cliff, facing out into the Atlantic, in the middle of nowhere. It's a proper gaff too, toilet out the back and so on.

I've been trying to work out who'd put a house out here, it felt exposed today, and today was absolutely stunning. In the winter it would be an endurance sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back