Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

apparently he's not (or was not) on speaking terms with his daughter.
if you watch GCN much you'll recognise the house; conor dunne, the lanky ex-pro, is his daughter's partner and filmed a few videos for GCN from the house. they featured a very deadpan nigel kelly, but the kelly name or connection was never mentioned.
Nigel (he and Stacey are twins) is a sports journalist on WLR (Waterford local radio). He seems decent.

Yeah, Stacey cut SK off for his being a shit to her ma.

did her leaving the team predate that? i wasn't sure if he got them hump with her because she left.
not sure the order things happened, but I think she was already gone by then. But she was going out with one of the lads from the team and it didn't work out. Not sure that fed into things but I can't imagine it helped. She never struck me as being all that happy with that life. Standing by the side of the road getting ready to hand out water bottles.

the most visible cycling advocate in the dail (ciaran cannon of FG) has had his knee mashed by an SUV driver.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he was recently working on legislation/procedure which would formalise the gardai being able to take camera footage from cyclists, because it's a total lottery at the moment whether a garda will give you the time of day if you try to do it.

also, two weeks ago he did mizen-malin in a day, at an average (moving) speed of 27.4km/h, which ain't bad.

he was recently working on legislation/procedure which would formalise the gardai being able to take camera footage from cyclists, because it's a total lottery at the moment whether a garda will give you the time of day if you try to do it.

also, two weeks ago he did mizen-malin in a day, at an average (moving) speed of 27.4km/h, which ain't bad.
Solo 30 km/h hour on anything over 4 hours is solid. The four-five hour mark is where things become serious and your actual level. Mizen to Malin is several days getting your bolllix wrecked, probably in shit weather.

So, 27 is very solid.

youtube did suggest one to me where he went after a KOM currently held by froome, but i didn't watch it.
it wasn't exactly Ventoux

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

though Froome could probably have done Ventoux in that time back in his day.

there's one absolutely inconsequential back road in north county dublin where i hold the KOM in one direction and am 87th in the other. i'd just be speculating that that may be something to do with swords mcnally using the road for its club leagues and thankfully consistently using it in the same direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back