Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

I presume the type of tyre and type of bike etc make a difference too. Like the max on the tyre is 8 bar which I'm well under. I'm also only about 70Kg but carry shirt regularly.

After almost 3 months of not cycling i forced myself back on today. Of course after 10 mins I was loving it. However it is very wet and I have learned today that my panniers, after about 14 years or so now leak water.

Nice to be back at it though.

Episode 2011: David O’Doherty Meets Paul Kimmage, 1980’s Cycling, What Do You Do With The Past?
"David fell in and out of love with cycling directly because of Paul and together, they try and figure out their complex relationship with the sport. What do you do with the past?"

haven't listened to it myself, but i've heard it's worth a listen.
I dunno man.

How do you fall out of love with cycling?

Maybe I never loved it enough in the first place to be sufficiently repelled by the bullshit. I can fall out of love with a group of dickheads who run the thing, but I'm not sure I can fall out of love with cycling.

Episode 2011: David O’Doherty Meets Paul Kimmage, 1980’s Cycling, What Do You Do With The Past?
"David fell in and out of love with cycling directly because of Paul and together, they try and figure out their complex relationship with the sport. What do you do with the past?"

haven't listened to it myself, but i've heard it's worth a listen.
I've been looking at this webpage for 4 minutes and am unable to find the link to the podcast.

I'd really like to listen to the podcast.

it's on patreon at the moment only by the looks of it. i think you have to click the big image at the top, and it brings you to the patreon page, but you need to subscribe to it. i think the podcasts are made generally available a week or two after release here.

well, this is a shitshow. a friend of a friend was in that cycling group, there's seemingly fury in orwell wheelers over this.
the forensic report that she was already falling or had fallen when she was hit is not borne out by the witness statements - not even by the statement of the woman in the car with the driver.

well, this is a shitshow. a friend of a friend was in that cycling group, there's seemingly fury in orwell wheelers over this.
the forensic report that she was already falling or had fallen when she was hit is not borne out by the witness statements - not even by the statement of the woman in the car with the driver.

this is tragic. An absolute kick in the teeth for her family and friends who have already suffered so much.

But its not surprising, sadly. These cases rarely even end up going to trial but, rather, end up going to coroner's court where the perpetrator gets off scott-free, because the coroner's court - which is a an absolute waste of time - won't facilitate apportioning of blame.

Tonya is in the same graveyard as my old man. My old man met his demise in much the same way. I was up there a while back and saw her grave. At the time it had the picture of her with the Orwell gear on her (the pic has since been changed), and I have to say it stopped in my tracks seeing it. I was so upset and angry when this happened - obviously this kind of an incident being something deeply personal to me.

The odds are stacked against cyclists, and cunts in cars will always get off scott-free when this type of stuff happens.

I'm not a lawyer but I when I look at the part 53 in this one I kinda think that It should bt the kinda thing that applies here

I'm not a lawyer but I when I look at the part 53 in this one I kinda think that It should bt the kinda thing that applies here

yeah, his own defence stated he was 'forced' into the oncoming lane by parked cars. the fact that they could do so in court with a straight face speaks volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back