Jaysus cycling! (1 Viewer)

They all basically imply that if you want the bike, bhring an angle grinder at which point cutting the lock rather than the fixture is the handiest.

That's why I like my idea. If you put the bike in a little tool shed looking thing (which is only around a hundred quid), The bike is not visible. It can blend in with the house almost. If someone is watching you ferry the bike in and out, ok, they see the bike. But I think most thefts are people breezing about with their eyes open, seeing something they like and going for it.

Ah come on.

As long as it's European, completely made from high modulus carbon, apart from the tyres which are made from golden orb spider silk, it's probably fine.

Unless it's something silly like a 1 x road bike, or worse a road bike with a triple on the front, obviously.
hahahah AS IF

Yeah no idea what any of that means, all the more reason to not post it. You can cycle this bike on the road for sure though.

fortunately, no!
both terms refer to the chainset/crankset. a 1x is one with only one chainring, and a triple has three rings.
you'd generally see a triple chainring on mountain bikes more than road bikes; most roadbikes have two chainrings. but small chainrings make life easier on steep slopes.

I see.... I am absolutely willing to learn more about bikes, and my bike, but this is all just more evidence that I don't want to post my new bike in here. Judging me about chainrings, fucking hell. My bike is green.

also disturbed how plausible it would be for a single use bike to exist.

I see.... I am absolutely willing to learn more about bikes, and my bike, but this is all just more evidence that I don't want to post my new bike in here. Judging me about chainrings, fucking hell. My bike is green.

Its completely irrlevllbhvennt but I heard about a year ago that because colour distinctions essentially evolve with time* that in ireland for a long time green and grey were essentially the same color.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its completely irrlevllbhvennt but I heard about a year ago that because colour distinctions essentially evolve with time* that in ireland for a long time green and grey were essentially the same color.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah! And Homer couldnt' see blue, fucking eejit with his wine-dark ocean. I didn't know green and grey were the same in Ireland though, surely we had to see the horizon somewhere??

Yeah! And Homer couldnt' see blue, fucking eejit with his wine-dark ocean. I didn't know green and grey were the same in Ireland though, surely we had to see the horizon somewhere??

The way I had it explained to me is that the wording wasnt definitive like grass is green or grass grey or concrete is green and more a case that that neither were defined (because really, how much contouring do you need in old ireland) and it was more in line with a word like visage or vista in that it wasn't needed to describe a colour (bearing in mind everything outdoors was probably either green or grey at this point) much like brown/orange above.

...Judging me about chainrings, fucking hell. My bike is green.

Nah. There's a long running cycling joke which revolves around how insanely fetish-ey and picky some cyclists are about bikes. Even to the point of that someone put up a "joke" set of rules called: The Rules. Except it was so close to the mark it wasn't completely clear if it was a joke or not. (The sad truth is that Rule 5 is part of my vocabulary at this point.)

regarding rule 21, i was out on the bike on saturday and it was curious to see the number of people also cycling, but wrapped up warm. i'd have died of heatstroke in some of the gear i saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back