Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

Just back from doing about 120km weekend cycling trip around Stangford Loch. Half of it was on the Belfast / comber greenway but highly recommend it. Not TOO hilly and scenic as fuck. Friendly locals despite all the intimidating (at first) union jacks everywhere. And many stops for swift pints and fancy lunches. Highly recommended. Although I can’t sit down comfortably for a few days

Looking to do something like this in the Wexford/Waterford area? Has anyone got any suggestions?

Going straight to Waterford after the Neil Young gig in Kilkenny to do the Greenway the next day.
Not really a road bike thing but it'll be fun.

Just don't be one of those assholes who ignores the rules about not riding your bike through the tunnels and then gives out to the people walking with their kids when they nearly ride into them which is a more common occurrence than you'd think.

Going straight to Waterford after the Neil Young gig in Kilkenny to do the Greenway the next day.
Not really a road bike thing but it'll be fun.

Make sure you bomb it through the tunnels and knock over as many other people’s children as possible.
If the weather will be good it’s gorgeous arriving into Dungarvin. I’d recommend eating in The tannery if the wallet allows (pricey but nicey!)

Did this. It was deadly. We went one way on Monday and the other way on Tuesday. It's actually well doable in both directions in one day.
We were on rented hybrid bikes, pretty heavy compared to the road bike. It's on though because you can't go too fast on the greenway. Loved it.

The pattern remains, mostly cycling with the occasional lapse into cardom. Its gotten a lot easier over the weeks with the weather and general fitness.

Latest revelation (for me) is second hand cycling gear on ebay*. Got a bar bag (very dependable brand, normally around 90) for 20 quid, a few jerseys for 5-6eu. All just refining the stuff I have/use on the routes I'm on.

Completely dropped the ball for the past few weeks, working on a decorating project in the mornings and evenings and its using up all my physical motivation by the time i'm ready for work. festival season isn't helping either. man though, driving is generally stupid.

It's knocking on the door of 40C here at times, plus hideous humidity.

I'm arriving into work looking like it's torrential rain outside. On the plus side the idea of consuming food in this heat is stomach turning, so I'll lose a bit of weight.

Seriously though. Fuck this heat. It's down for another few months here too. I'd take cold or rain or snow over this oppressive shite.

About half way through a little trip through Clare.

It's very pretty.
North Clare drivers are better than South Clare drivers.
Another day looking at beautiful surfers in lahinch would have been a bonus.
There are hills and touring bikes are heavy. (Probably should have seen this coming with the cliffs and all that)
Great rocks.
Brought my own food this time, including hostels (50) and beers it's been about 80eu so far.

IMG_20190809_154940.png IMG-20190809-WA0001.jpg

i bought a cheapo set of pannier bags in lidl on a whim yesterday for a tenner, so i had to buy a rack today in halfords. my quandary now is i don't know which bike to put it on.

Wanted to cycle to work the other day but got about 5 metres before the gear gubbins got stuck in the spokes of the back wheel. At the same time as the coffee cup in my back pack leaked and I got hot coffee all down my back.
I tried to fix the gears but the yoke snapped off. It is a Halfords hybrid bike so I brought it there to be fixed. €38. That seemed ok. Might try the cycle tomorrow.

Wanted to cycle to work the other day but got about 5 metres before the gear gubbins got stuck in the spokes of the back wheel. At the same time as the coffee cup in my back pack leaked and I got hot coffee all down my back.
I tried to fix the gears but the yoke snapped off. It is a Halfords hybrid bike so I brought it there to be fixed. €38. That seemed ok. Might try the cycle tomorrow.

It's a reasonable price for that job for sure. Coffee cup goes in the drinks cabinet on the frame :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back