Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

Good distance!
19.5k each way using my current route; takes me across the east link which is not ideal but most of the route is fine.

i'm lucky enough in that i can work from home whenever i want, but where i work also has secure (swipe access) bike locking (with even a track pump in the bike cage for emergency use), lockers, showers and they even built a room around one of the A/C outlets so if you arrive in soaking wet in the morning, you can hang your gear up and it's dry when you're leaving.

I took my bike computer off my commuter bike years back. I found I was killing myself trying to better the previous day's time. I'm an aggressive enough cyclist (which is why I tend to commute at off-peak times) but I became far more relaxed one the speedo was gone.

I just changed job and my commute is about 4km a day less than before. I'm still doing about 35km a day though and I feel far fresher towards the end of the week. Though, the weather has been great since I started this job. It's only rained 1 day and it's barely been windy at all.

Fair play. I had my first 'long' cycle in about 3 years yesterday. Took the day off work and went for an early morning spin to Howth harbour. It's just under 15km each way for me. Great morning for it.

I used to do that cycle all the time and head to the summit. Yesterday I just walked about the pier and ate a sandwich. Would have been kilt going up the hill in my current condition.

The 1x10 setup is great. No annoying grinding that would have been happening with the old front derailleur.

I took my bike computer off my commuter bike years back. I found I was killing myself trying to better the previous day's time. I'm an aggressive enough cyclist (which is why I tend to commute at off-peak times) but I became far more relaxed one the speedo was gone.
that's one handy thing about strava, you can still get that feedback, but not real-time, so it's not prompting you to push harder.

Dropped my bike into the shop there this morning. There's a grinding noise coming from my bottom bracket (ohhhhhhh matron).

Presumably it's a bearing gone and it won't be that pricey to replace.

Just the bearings but he said the entire bottom bracket will need replacing in the next 6 months.

This bike is turning into Trigger's broom over the course of the year.

It's that time of the decade again where I'm thinking of getting a new bike. Looking for a sealed hub and a carbon belt. Anyone got any experience with them?
a friend of mine bought a bike with a sealed hub for his commute. is more than happy with it; couldn't tell you if the bike is chain or belt driven.
he bought it from a place on the quays, i think run by the guy who founded the bike hire place at the entrance to the park. seemed very happy with the service and advice.

Dropped my bike into the shop there this morning. There's a grinding noise coming from my bottom bracket (ohhhhhhh matron).

Presumably it's a bearing gone and it won't be that pricey to replace.
dropped one of mine in today too, almost identical reason. not quite reached 'grinding' yet though.

they have cycling stuff in aldi at the moment - mainly clothes, i picked up two pairs of glasses at €3 each and a pair of shorts for a tenner. track pumps also available.

I saw a gang wearing these ridiculous things the other day.

I'd sooner have a sore bottom.

ClQ_pE5WkAASqzp.jpg

img_661.jpg

Today I cycled to work faster than I can drive to work for the first time, When i'm driving the first 10km (of the full 19) is done at 70 -100kmh. In fairness I'm on literally the worst possible route you could be driving in the city (they talk about it in the dail sometimes).

Also added bonus, when I land into work nobody seems to ask me any questions till i get changed.

win win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back