Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

changed gear and brake cables during the week. cycling up howth hill from the village is not a good time to remember 'oh yeah, i should have spent some time adjusting the gears again'.

This is my view of it (i.e. that Dublin is the only place I've seen where cyclists are expected to be luminous, and therefore the problem) but I'm sure I was dismissed for it here. ho-hum
you can be guaranteed that the reaction from the RSA to the latest spike in deaths will be even more hi-vis.

though to be fair to them, the head of the RSA warned the FF transport spokesman that 'we are not living in a police state' when he called for mandatory hi-vis for pedestrians.

you can be guaranteed that the reaction from the RSA to the latest spike in deaths will be even more hi-vis.

though to be fair to them, the head of the RSA warned the FF transport spokesman that 'we are not living in a police state' when he called for mandatory hi-vis for pedestrians.
The proper response would be to insist on wider, demarcated bike lanes and educating drivers that roads are to be shared and that they're the only ones capable of killing people.

I got a dawes galaxy yesterday for my endless touring round mountains and things and for going to work. Should be down to just driving 3 days a week soon enough.

Its wonderful.

Attachments

• bikewankers.png
    bikewankers.png
    709.3 KB · Views: 35
Oh! I got a new bike this week too! My old bike was bought in a pinch years ago. it's seriously heavy and had way to much stuff - integrated dynamo, 28 million gears, air cushioned front forks - but it was all they had in terms of large hybrids, I needed a bike asap, and that was the only shop my work would deal with.

Anyway, got a new lad this week. Tokyobike CS. Super light, super fast, super white! I'm calling it Gerry McInerney. It'll dull up soon enough I reckon, but I'm just enjoying the lack of weight right now. It also matches my kitchen!

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 41
If we get the new gaff in Whitehall I'll be cycling up the Drumcondra road every evening. Will have to get a replacement back wheel for the old Marin hardtail. It's been up in the roof space for the last few years rotting away.

Damn, I miss that bike now I've been googling pictures of it.

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.coresites.factorymedia.com%2Fbikemagic_new%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2005%2F01%2Fmarin05_wildcat_side_big.jpg

This morning a cyclist obviously thought the slip road wasn't wide enough to accommodate a bike and a car so decided to cycle in the middle of the road. I gave him such a frowning when he eventually allowed me to overtake him. That loud rev I did to signal my irritation as I passed is something he won't forget in a long time.

Anyway, got a new lad this week. Tokyobike CS. Super light, super fast, super white! I'm calling it Gerry McInerney. It'll dull up soon enough I reckon, but I'm just enjoying the lack of weight right now. It also matches my kitchen!
i'm trying to figure out if that's an enormous frame or are the wheels relatively small?

Be considerate to other road users is the rule, banging on your bonnet is not considerate so you are correct they were out of line. Unless of course you'd blocked a bit of a cycle lane...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back