Jason Molina/Songs: Ohia play crawdaddy nov 30th (1 Viewer)

It's mostly all great, though can be intense at times. My fave is the last Songs:Ohia record, "Magnolia Electric Co", fantastic LP

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's probably his most complete album. I think Axess and Ace might be my favourite however
Axxess & Ace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hair stands up on the back of my neck when I listen to this song:

Didn't it Rain and Magnolia Electric Co. are my favorite albums:

Can't believe this didn't make the album:

It was very good but a really weird atmosphere. There was an obvious feeling of absence and the place was empty (maybe a quarter full?). I was right up the front and it felt a little like I was intruding on a private memorial function. The guitarist chatted to the audience between songs and would get a bit choked up while he reminisced. The woman who wrote the Molina biography came out and did a few readings which made it feel even more like a private service.

All this made the music pack an even bigger punch, the sound was joyous and the band were tight. The vocals were hard to hear as the PA in the Tivoli is positioned above and faced away from the first few rows. They opened with “Farewell Transmission” and it was glorious. I didn’t know most of the songs they played but it was great, everyone except the slide player sang. Adrian Crowley came out and did two songs in the second half of the set (they must have played about two hours in total).

Would definitely go see them again and will be kicking myself forever for not getting into Molina years ago.

It was very good but a really weird atmosphere. There was an obvious feeling of absence and the place was empty (maybe a quarter full?). I was right up the front and it felt a little like I was intruding on a private memorial function. The guitarist chatted to the audience between songs and would get a bit choked up while he reminisced. The woman who wrote the Molina biography came out and did a few readings which made it feel even more like a private service.

All this made the music pack an even bigger punch, the sound was joyous and the band were tight. The vocals were hard to hear as the PA in the Tivoli is positioned above and faced away from the first few rows. They opened with “Farewell Transmission” and it was glorious. I didn’t know most of the songs they played but it was great, everyone except the slide player sang. Adrian Crowley came out and did two songs in the second half of the set (they must have played about two hours in total).

Would definitely go see them again and will be kicking myself forever for not getting into Molina years ago.

really sorry to have missed this. I hope they play again, but not sure how likely that is

And, on not knowing many songs. I saw Jason Molina twice, at times when I'd have considered myself to be reasonably well versed in a lot of his music. I barely knew one song between the 2 gigs. He was so prolific that it was hard to keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back