• Thread starter safe
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 0

safe

Since 2000
safe actions presents
japanese underground/noise/psych night at fred zeppelins, cork from 9pm. admission is a measly £1 to cover expenses (hopefully)
for the first time in ireland (probably) extracts of merzbow's MERZBOX will be played.
this is an extreme night - bring earplugs!!!

Chokchai 3k Battery should play one of those Safe nights.
Some of you good folk will be interested to know that a c3kb album is in the works being edited down from some stupid number of hours of playing. You'd imagine that that editing would be a very wearing job but strangely it's not.

Nice idea, Safe. But what day is it on?

Are you going to Colchester Arts Centre in January (I think) to hear Merzbox being played end to end over the course of 2 days? Funnily enough, admission for that is also going to be just £1, or so I'm told.

Let us know how it goes anyway.

er, yeah, thanks - it's on thursday 14th december. chokchai 3k battery sound great. how come i've never heard of them be4.
there'll b another event in jan/feb - 2 stages/2 p.a.s /2 sets of djs/ and hopefully 2 bands - the stages are at either end of a smallish venue in corkkeep u posted on djs/bands.

why dont you put one on then smythy? : ) i'd imagine you have more japanoise than anyone.
speaking of whichhhhh....
do you (or anyone else) have that MC Hellshit DJ Carhouse album(s?) - i heard a few bits and pieces from napster - and it sounds well...odd - but i want to hear more.

i've got a track on a 3" japnoise sampler (if u can believe that!) that came free with an issue of frieze (u.s. art mag). i suppose u know it's really yamatsuka eye and otomo yoshohide. it's a real crowd(!) favourite.

i actually don't know how to do that - i'll have to ask a friend o' mine. i'll get back 2 you on that.

chokchai will be supporting raging speedhorn in nancy spain's next weekend so chok 'em out...there's a review of the kids' noise night featuring th'battery on the review section here.

arent raging speedhorn um SportZ MeTaL ?!? you should do a few free gigs down at the central bank too :)

personally i'm more into Sportz Ballads - g'luck upsetting people who talk about the leaving cert.

I've heard MC Hellshit & DJ Carhouse Live At Destroy, which was released as a 3" CD.
It's bonkers, but to be fair, Yoshihide-san comes out looking the better of the two: incredible cut-up mixing; very imaginative... Eye just sounds daft. Not a patch on the early Boredoms antics. I could try and get a copy for you if you like, but it's hardly essential listening.
The only Otomo Yoshihide release I own is Filament 1 (w/ Sachiko M), which was released on Extreme in '98. Definitely DEFINITELY not for headphones. It's not like Masonna's chainsaw-massacre exorcisms, but painful nonetheless.

i've got a noise thing by yoshihide called digital tranquilizer - mostly piercing sine wave stuff, his early bands are different, optical 8 were skewed pop with noise/turntables, and ground zero are great, grinding heaviness. also have some of his solo turntable stuff is worth having.

Isn't this the same Otomo Yoshihide who was the main man in Ground Zero?

If so, then most of their stuff absolutely rocks. Not an all out noise assault by any means, more a big powerful rock band with samples/noise/weird stuff thrown in. I think their last release was a live album which is really great.

Hugh

Have you all paid a visit to Paul Collett's Noise site?

http://noise.as/

And have you all joined up to his Japanese Psych'n'Noise Mailing List? Guaranteed to contain less lies than the Jimmy Cake list...
Send a blank mail as follows:

To: [email protected]
Subject: subscribe

BTW: Ground Zero's concerts were supposed to have been very very loud, much more harsh than they come across on record. And it is the same Otomo Yoshihide.
Johnny, don't you think that calling Eye daft is a little like calling me a clown? Like, we know, y'know?

ground zero and optical 8 were previous bands of otomo's.

thinking about that whole SpoRtz MeTaL thing....it looks like chokchai won't even be using drums at the raging s'horn gig. absolutely no concession to the kiddies need for mammy's heartbeat

ah hahahahahaha etc.
expect lynchings.
it's been fun.

heehee, the battle was won before it had begun, the 'horn checked out the stage set-up and from that point they were sold. guitar, treated bass, bits of metal, chains, a load of game calls and two hoovers - a recipe for success.
the um sportz metaller fans saw them horn boys grooving to the atonal arhythmic hits and that was that. they were actually good fun to watch as well. an unexpectedly very good night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back