James Herbert (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
I used to love his books when i was a teenager although i gave up after Portent which i didnt think was great and havent read one since. the rats series was great (although i never did read The City) and Sepulchre, Creed and The Magic Cottage were my other favorites.

thats him. many of his books had a bad thing like the rats, the fog, the dark that went around Britain causing mayhem and bloodshed. Portent was a variation on that theme except it had a little twinkly thing that showed up and brought chaos all over the world, not just the uk

Ah yeah,he was one of my faves when I was a teenybopper.
The Fog was a cracker.
Sepulchre was the one with the Nazis right?That was great.
The Magic Cottage rocked too.
The Rats Trilogy was brilliant(I did'nt know there was a 4th)My favourite one was Domain.(Did that have the big White 2 Headed Bastard in it?
Fluke was great too.I mean a talking dog!

Was'nt the Dark just like the Fog only it was Dark instead of Foggy?
Theres a scene in the Fog where it hits a boys boarding school and they all go crazy in the gym and string up the PE teacher to a piece of apparatus and flail his mickey.
Enduring image that.

Theres a scene in the Fog where it hits a boys boarding school and they all go crazy in the gym and string up the PE teacher to a piece of apparatus and flail his mickey.
Enduring image that.

No shit.
They had him strapped to the gym wall as they were beating his engorged erect penis with cricket bats as he screamed joyfully with pain.
Something like that anyway.
I'll remember that til I die.

Theres two other mad scenes in the Fog. The first is where a farmer gets killed by his fog-crazy cattle and the other is where a jilted lesbian is thinking of throwing herself into the sea after her ex leaves her for some dude.

She has a big think about it and decides that life is worth living after all. Deciding to keep going she turns away from the sea and shit shit shit I can't remember how she dies!

Anyone?

No shit.
They had him strapped to the gym wall as they were beating his engorged erect penis with cricket bats as he screamed joyfully with pain.

Thats it.
And that is a fucking enduring image.

Great book.
I might read it again.I wonder what it'll be like 20 years on.
I'm gonna do it.

Theres two other mad scenes in the Fog. The first is where a farmer gets killed by his fog-crazy cattle and the other is where a jilted lesbian is thinking of throwing herself into the sea after her ex leaves her for some dude.

She has a big think about it and decides that life is worth living after all. Deciding to keep going she turns away from the sea and shit shit shit I can't remember how she dies!

Anyone?

I think she was met by a crowd of homicidal Fog-nuts after she turned back.

ohh, I think you're right - are they on some mad lemming like walk into the sea? Its pretty crud but I'd say yer man herbert was cackling away when he thought of that...

Enduring image that.

they had him stuck to those gym bars i think. if i recall correctly he was a bit of a kiddyfiddler. the dark was just like the fog - i cant remember where the dark came from though. i wasnt mad about that although i think it had old folks going on the rampage in an old folks home. the spear was the one about the nazis, i have no idea what sepulchre was about i just remember thinking it was great. might re-read something of his myself - we can have a The Fog book club next week!

the 4th Rats book was a graphic novel (graphic with picures and not graphic sexual violence, no doubt theres plenty of that too)

they had him stuck to those gym bars i think. if i recall correctly he was a bit of a kiddyfiddler. the dark was just like the fog - i cant remember where the dark came from though. i wasnt mad about that although i think it had old folks going on the rampage in an old folks home. the spear was the one about the nazis, i have no idea what sepulchre was about i just remember thinking it was great. might re-read something of his myself - we can have a The Fog book club next week!

the 4th Rats book was a graphic novel (graphic with picures and not graphic sexual violence, no doubt theres plenty of that too)

I'm in.I've been meaning to read something trashy for ages.I'll hit the library tomorrow.I'd say they'd have it.

I could'nt remember what them yokes were called.
He was defo an Uncle Ernie alright.

No shit.

sounds like the average week in the Christian brothers.

Which rats book had the a homeless woman pleasuring herself with a vodka bottle, that cracks halfway through? horrific.
I'm not too sure I ever read the fog, I'll dig it out tonight, it'll make a nice break from dragons.

Anyone?

a horde of fog crazed citizens running lemming like into the sea crush her underfoot. It been james herbert there might have been a bit of sexual violence thrown in for good measure, cant remember.
Great stuff when youre 14!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back