It's the Friday 80s Pop song thread (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

FURIOUS
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Back in the day, it took me a while to get my head around the fact that these were the same guys as the 60s band
It must have seemed like a betrayal at the time? I can see the fun side of it all now because everyone just does retro music and nothing moves forward, they were at least trying to stay current.

I think this is James Brown's only professional music video, total mess of a song but kind of great all the same:

thumped

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Here's a SORT OF INTERESTING PAULA ABDUL FACT that i never knew (or knew and forgot) - Spellbound, her second album, was almost entirely written by The Family Stand, a band (and more specifically their Moon In Scorpio album) that I'd completely forgotten about until last week.

prefuse

Can I book this one in for Friday?
Really good tune by Nik Kershaw. Loads of cool musical parts. The bridge is almost prog (starting @ 02.19) There's a musicality you rarely hear in today's minimalist pop.

Last edited:

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
There's a clip of a fairly recent Howard Jones concert where he introduces Nik Kershaw as "one of the finest musicians and songwriters he knows".

It's a real shame that their careers came to a screeching halt at the tail end of the 80s.

There's also this (again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads