It's the Friday 80s Pop song thread (2 Viewers)

nuke terrorist

Supporter

no unfortunately - I know the Heaven 17 song but that's not it.

I've used discogs and you tube to try and find the song I mentioned a few times over the years and got nowhere.
hey, a few folks will be back in front of computer screens on monday, so maybe someone will remember then

nuke terrorist

Supporter
found it - I finally guessed The Boomtown Rats must have been involved so it was Gung-ho which Simon Crowe and Johnnie Fingers formed with his wife Yoko. can't find the video and it was from later than I thought.

GUNG-HO - Play To Win (1987)

nuke terrorist

Supporter

never actually watched that clip before. the booklet that came with the 3 LP GRAUZONE box set that came out this year, says that the Eisbaer single sold about a million copies!
the 1980 live recording in the box set has mostly unreleased songs and shows the band rapidly developed from fairly modest beginnings.

'Film 2' also has a video:

Bladez

I was also surprised it sold so many copies. It reached position 16 in the German charts and 6 in the Austrian. I'm not sure if that clip is actually the official video.

Shine Vol. 2

FURIOUS
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
This guy was in a band with Prince, apparently

Oh the 94 East stuff, Prince played a bit of session guitar for them and wrote a little bit when he was about 16. His first professional recording session. It's interesting if you're interested, so to speak, but the stuff doesn't really stand up on its own.

I've never heard this song before, it's not bad! Was he signed in the wake of Purple Rain or was he already making a name for himself I wonder?

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Oh the 94 East stuff, Prince played a bit of session guitar for them and wrote a little bit when he was about 16. His first professional recording session. It's interesting if you're interested, so to speak, but the stuff doesn't really stand up on its own.

I've never heard this song before, it's not bad! Was he signed in the wake of Purple Rain or was he already making a name for himself I wonder?
You never heard Trapped?!

That song was huge ..great track

Shine Vol. 2

FURIOUS
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
You never heard Trapped?!

That song was huge ..great track
It sounds familiar so I probably have, but I could have just heard songs like it. I've now consciously heard it.

I can now say: "Ah yes, Trapped, a classic early dance hit by Colonel Abrams. Do you know he was in 94 East with Prince back in the 70s. Now, another glass of scotch perhaps?" in polite company.

21 Day Calendar

SUUNS
Pepper Canister Church
7 Mount St Cres, Ballsbridge, Dublin, Ireland
Tropical Fuck Storm
The Button Factory
Curved St, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland
Myles Manley - 'Cometh The Softies Album Launch 09/06/22
The Workman's Cellar
8 Temple Bar, Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Beyond The Pale
Glendalough Estate
Glendalough Estate, Co. Wicklow, Ireland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

We're listening to...

• A Light for Attracting Attention
    Thin Thing
    The Smile
    A Light for Attracting Attention

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads