It's funny you asked that... (1 Viewer)

My yearly recurring thumped.com subscription has opened up to me hitherto unheard of opportunities such as the ability to change my username color and access to a vast trove of essential content in the subscriber-only areas. Why, I'm never going back to boards.ie!

Hey Pete, answer me this if you can and I’ll be sure to pony up. What year was Thumped most active/popular, and how much more active was it then than now? I’d guess around 2004 and there were at least five times more active users? It feels like it has settled into a fairly solidly reliable pipe-and-slippers core in the last three years or so?

Hey Pete, answer me this if you can and I’ll be sure to pony up. What year was Thumped most active/popular, and how much more active was it then than now? I’d guess around 2004 and there were at least five times more active users? It feels like it has settled into a fairly solidly reliable pipe-and-slippers core in the last three years or so?

mid to late 2000s were definitely busier in terms of posting frequency and page views, but friendface and tweetbook put an end to that. I'm not so sure about the number active users - I don't remember the specifics, but back then someone did an analysis of post counts and at one point something like 4 or 5 people were responsible for a crazy high %age of posts.

I was a creepy lurker for yeeeeears but I finally joined so I could enter a Sparks competition, and I won! Something for the Girl with Everything, eh? Lurkers, that could be you!
1540576784711.png

I'm pretty sure i joined a good while before my profile says I did...wasn't there some mad data loss around that time where a load of Thumped disappeared? Been an occasional blow-in ever since.
I only started paying this year...glad I did and should have done it years ago. I met lots of good folk here and even a couple of band mates, found out about lots of good music and gigs I might otherwise have missed. In conclusion, good buzz.

My supporter status says it expires “Never”. Is this a bonus supporter thing? Is my previous subscription recurring? What’s a tracker mortgage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back