It's All Kicking Off In Genoa (1 Viewer)

evil bandit

Website
Visit site
While listening to the Ireland game I happened across this
http://twitter.com/Marcotti

Gabrielle Marcotti reporting at the Italy v Serbia game.
Quote:
#
#

Crazy scenes in Genoa right now, Italy v Serbia friendly. Kickoff delayed, few hundred nasty hooligans among Serbs, cops all over pitch

Quote:
Did I say friendly. Meant Euro 2012 qualifier. Apparently same folks who rioted at Gay Pride in Belgrade a few days ago.

Quote:
Serbian GK Stojkovic (fmr Wigan) attacked before game. Weird thing is Italian FA bused in tens of thousands of children for match...

Quote:
... not exactly "family environment". Now hydrants on pitch, can't believe it's taking cops this long to figure out what to do...

Quote:
OK, so 200 hundred cops on pitch, morons in stands chucking all sorts of stuff on field of play. Kids looking on looking puzzled.

Quote:
Now cops entering Serb stand. Cops kick out stewards. Firemen ready to open hydrants on Serbs. Big banner "Kossovo is Serbia".

Quote:
While don't mind hoolies getting manhandled by cops, surely hundreds of peaceful "normal" fans among Serb bunch.

Quote:
Great. Cops massed at pitch-side plexiglass doors. Couple guys set off flares and drop them on cops.

Quote:
Stewards have been kicked out of Serb sector. Cops opening single gate at back of Serb stand, will search fans one-by-one at exit

Quote:
At least wd be chance for peaceful Serb fans to leave. if morons want to stay and take on cops, that's another issue.

Quote:
UEFA DELEGATE SAYS: Italy v Serbia going ahead. I think it's an absolutely insane decision.

Quote:
EVEN CRAZIER. Serbian players have just gone over to applaud their fans. Big smiles and thumbs up. I hope they're being sarcastic...

I'm watching a stream now, I've never heard an anthem booed like the Serb one is getting now !!!

geno_01_672-458_resize.jpg

geno_02_672-458_resize.jpg

geno_09_672-458_resize.jpg

Match suspended after 15 minutes.

The ref stopped it after about 7minutes.

According to the internets, Serb fans stormed their own team bus before hte game and threw smoke bombs and injured one of their goalies.

It was all a bit nuts, was watching a stream of the game, such as it was. The anthems alone were crazy, some hostility in the stadium. Shortest moment's silence ever too before kick off.

The more I think about this the more it makes sense.
Italy; poor side few bad results
Serbia; Difficult enough opposition

The cops let them run riot and stand off til the match is abandoned
Result; most likely at least 3 if not 6 points without breaking a sweat.

You really have to hand it to them. They know cynicism.

The more I think about this the more it makes sense.
Italy; poor side few bad results
Serbia; Difficult enough opposition

The cops let them run riot and stand off til the match is abandoned
Result; most likely at least 3 if not 6 points without breaking a sweat.

You really have to hand it to them. They know cynicism.

Apparently it's all due to the goalkeeper who was attacked being an ex-red star player now playing for partizan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back