It gets switched on on Wednesday buchallaini agus callini (1 Viewer)

a few months? a sure we may as well leave it till next spring.....
--------------
Winter shutdown for damaged Hadron Collider
09/23/2008 - 20:03:06

Scientists will have to wait until next spring to use the world's largest particle collider because of repairs and a winter shutdown, CERN decided today.
Spokesman James Gillies of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research said it would take too long to finish announced repairs before the shutdown in November.
CERN has to wait several weeks to warm up the damaged area from near absolute zero before experts can go inside and make repairs, he said. Then the machine would have to be re-chilled over another month.
He said the decision was made today that the process would take until the winter shutdown, starting in mid-November.
Gillies added that the resumption of the Large Hadron Collider should proceed quickly next spring.

terminator_3_rise_machines.01.jpg

The webcast yesterday was very amusing, the Italian commentator was wetting herself with excitement, talking about 'all the beautiful babies' being created. It was fucking Geek City down there.
Fair play though etc. A fine bit of aul engineering and science and shit.

Oh and the answer is

They were all hostage negotiations Sarkozy when he was mayor of a french town, the episode is now becoming a film

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/09/26/controversial-film-depict_n_65999.html

Gazza in the Raoul Moate saga.

and Oliver Stone is currently involved in Columbian drug lord negotiations which includes hostages.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/57224/oliver-stone-turns-hostage-negotiator.html

So the odd one out is Samuel L Jackson who played a hostage negotiator in the movie The Negotiator. In real life he actually took hostages

"After the 1968 assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., Jackson attended the funeral in Atlanta as one of the ushers.[10] Jackson then flew to Memphis to join an equal rights protest march. In a Parade interview Jackson revealed: "I was angry about the assassination, but I wasn’t shocked by it. I knew that change was going to take something different — not sit-ins, not peaceful coexistence."[11] In 1969, Jackson and several other students held members of the Morehouse College board of trustees (including a nearby Martin Luther King, Sr.) hostage on the campus, demanding reform in the school's curriculum and governance.[12] The college eventually agreed to change its policy, but Jackson was charged with and eventually convicted of unlawful confinement, a second-degree felony.[13] Jackson was then suspended for two years for his criminal record and his actions (although he would later return to the college to earn his Bachelor of Arts in Drama in 1972"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back