It gets switched on on Wednesday buchallaini agus callini (1 Viewer)

flashback

Are yis bricking yourselves or what?

2046228644_05507000b3.jpg

collider.jpg

helical-med.jpg

What happens when you crash two things doing 99.9999991% the speed of light in opposite directions into each other?

We're pretty much fucked aren't we.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/sep/06/1

What happens when you crash two things doing 99.9999991% the speed of light in opposite directions into each other?

Probz the same as crashing two things going at 01.000000000000001% the speed of light into each other.

oops, sorry for spoiling the thead. xxxDRUNKxxx.

fuxake munk.
you'll be picking bits of hot proton out of your face if carry on with this messing.

My lovely new thread... in tatters.

is there any chance this think could open up a wormhole through which we could visit other star systems and planets? switzerland could do with something interesting like that

I'm looking forward to it. They're just testing it on Wednesday, as far as I know. When are they finally going to prove the existence of God

It's never going to actually get switched on in our own time line. It was switched on in a parallel timeline and now we're stuck in a looping wormhole where the machine never actually needs to be switched on.

Or something.

I'm looking forward to it. They're just testing it on Wednesday, as far as I know. When are they finally going to prove the existence of God

As far as I can tell the likely best case scenario is that they'll take some readings and spend years analysing them.

The likely worst case scenario is that it'll be a dud and something called Hawking radiation will destroy whatever is created before readings can be taken.

Unlikely best case scenario, the sky splits and the booming voice of God says (simultaneously in French, German and Italian) "OK guys, you got me, here's the deal."

Unlikely worst case scenario, it destroys the whole fucking planet. In which case do you think I could use this as a chat up line in the next few days?

there's been some fairly serious criticisms saying maybe spending vast amounts of money on slamming sub atomic particles together is not getting the best bang for your buck.

Well. I Say A collision at twice the speed of light is pretty banging.

Anyway, yeah, these were just those hysterical The End Is Nigh climatologists.

What do they know.

But, like, the money is spent. Might as well turn it on and see what happens. What's the worst that can happen?

Oh right.
All matter and reality goes away.
But still, Higgs Bosons like.
Higgs Bosons!!

How many dimensions are enough for these guys.

I'm struggling badly with two dimensions at the moment if I'm being honest.

maybe they'll find the 4th dimension, of what light waves really travel tru, or ghosts,hmm not too sure i read the artical properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back