ISPs providing addresses of p2p users to the IRMA? (1 Viewer)

He is assuming cultish, little known indie musicians are not making money because of piracy, that's not true.They are not making music because they are cultish little known indie musicians. The idea that they would be swimming in it if there was no piracy is silly.

actually, you're close enough to what he's saying. His point (more or less, or at least how I read it) is that making money off selling music is an absurd idea that has lasted far longer than it should have in the first place

oh come on you pompous ass. that is complete bollix.

I was just covering myself from somebody saying 'nobody reads poetry, everyone listens to music' but eh, thanks for your wise words. Maybe people do listen quite intently to music that shops play as they wander around blanch shopping centre, I know I don't.

someone should download their own track. For the crack. Getting one of those letters would be hilarious in those circumstances.

I must register with IRMA just so I can constantly do this, alternatively we can all download each others music and see what happens.

i would be very interested in getting involved in that but the whole thing of acting like a regular political party, such as limiting people to constituency parties and having the expressed intention to get people elected, isn't very interesting to me and the Decision Making section of the Constitution is incredibly vague.

i would be very interested in getting involved in that but the whole thing of acting like a regular political party, such as limiting people to constituency parties and having the expressed intention to get people elected, isn't very interesting to me and the Decision Making section of the Constitution is incredibly vague.

I signed up - if for no other reason tan to get them over the 300 mark and in a position to cause some trouble! It's not like I was ever going to join one of the others anyway.

I guess I'm going to absolutely mortified every time I hear the pirate party's ming the merceyless candidate get all high pitched and whiny on Pat Kenny as some IMRO lackey demolishes him.

Still though, amazing what you can achieve - look at what Mark O'Connor managed with the Greens.

Is that Ming the Merciless eejit associated with the Pirate Party these days? I lost all respect for him when he put his name as Luke "Ming" Flanangan on the ballot paper after going to the bother of getting his name changed to Ming the Merciless.

Is that Ming the Merciless eejit associated with the Pirate Party these days? I lost all respect for him when he put his name as Luke "Ming" Flanangan on the ballot paper after going to the bother of getting his name changed to Ming the Merciless.

Not that I'm aware of - I'm just using him as an example of what will no doubt be put forward.

Following the significant decision by Mr Justice Charleton in the High Court today, IRMA and Eircom will now proceed with their graduated response to illegal filesharing which was agreed in February 2009. The decision vindicates IRMA’s position that an IP address refers solely to the network address of a computer and is not personal data when in IRMA’s possession.

The written Judgment can be viewed on www.courts.ie

too bad "
IRMA’s position that an IP address refers solely to the network address of a computer" is completely wrong.

The Swiss Federal Court has ruled that software which identified the internet protocol (IP) address of unauthorised music uploaders broke data protection law.
The court backed that country's data protection commissioner, who said that Logistep violated Switzerland's Data Protection Act when it used the software. The IP addresses were personal data, the Court said, and processing that data without the knowledge or permission of the person concerned was a breach of the law, it said.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/13/ip_address_trace_ruling/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back