Is there any sort of market for hi-fi separates? (1 Viewer)

magicbastarder

Supporter
Website
stroma.org
anyone know if there's any sort of market in hi-fi separates? i have a few bits'n'bobs - two amps, set of speakers, CD player, tape deck, and any ad i looked at for similar on adverts seemed to have no responses at all. not expecting a lot for them, but don't want to put them up for free cos they'll just be taken by someone who wants them because they're free, not because they'd have a use for them.

Funnily enough I've also got a decent enough amp, CD player, and speakers that I need to get rid of.

Along with all my power tools, kitchen appliances, aquarium crap, and almost every other electrical thing. Wet AND dry vacuum cleaners? I've got it covered.

Someone mentioned Facebook... marketplace? I don't know. They lost me at "facebook". I was going to do a Craigslist 5 bucks deal.

anyone know if there's any sort of market in hi-fi separates? i have a few bits'n'bobs - two amps, set of speakers, CD player, tape deck, and any ad i looked at for similar on adverts seemed to have no responses at all. not expecting a lot for them, but don't want to put them up for free cos they'll just be taken by someone who wants them because they're free, not because they'd have a use for them.
I need speakers and a CD player. Not looking for top of the range stuff but I've had the turntable for almost two years and I still have t got around to getting the other bit and pieces.
How much are you looking for and where are you based?

Id be up for a tape deck if youre in dublin?

I need to power them all on first and make sure they're working. They haven't been powered on in years. The tape deck may need new bands, I suspect they perish?
They would have been decent enough kit when new, tape deck was 200 punts maybe 25+ years ago. CD player was 300 quid, not that I'm expecting any sort of serious money for them now.

I need speakers and a CD player. Not looking for top of the range stuff but I've had the turntable for almost two years and I still have t got around to getting the other bit and pieces.
How much are you looking for and where are you based?
i can offer you a phillips CDR760 - it's a CD player with record functionality. will need to hold onto the speakers for testing purposes for a while?
i'm listening to it at the moment and it's fine for playback anyway. i might have the remote, but i'd say that's a 25% chance i'll find it.

same as this lad:
throw ten or 20 quid to a to a charity of your choice (or pete's) and it's yours.

I'm in the market for an amp, so I'm interested to hear more about these amps needing new homes!

Will be rehoming a Technics integrated amp/tuner/double tape deck when I get a new (or at least new to me) amp. Can send on photos if anyone happens to be interested

i have one of these going, volume knob is a bit rattly feeling but works, ran a CD player through it earlier and it worked - bass, treble, and balance controls all worked too. didn't try the other inputs. it's not brand spanking new looking (i think it came from a pub)
yours for a donation of whatever you feel is apt, to a charity you want.

(note: i don't have a remote for it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back