Is it okay to eat meat? (1 Viewer)

Is is okay to eat meat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sparse said:
Yes, because given half a chance a cow would eat you and everyone you've ever cared about!
hmmmm...

001118cow.jpg

yes it is okay. although the ol saturated fats and stuff from the likes of red meat lead to heart disease which is one of the biggest killers of folk in the western world.

was reading an odd book recently and one of the characters (he was a vegan) brought up the point that cows are ruining the earth by grazing etc. just think its an interesting one for those who dont eat meat because they dont want to harm animals.

if i was to ever go vegetarian again (stopped because i was become malnourished) it'd be because of the health implications of eating meat and no udder reason.

moc said:
yes it is okay. although the ol saturated fats and stuff from the likes of red meat lead to heart disease which is one of the biggest killers of folk in the western world.

was reading an odd book recently and one of the characters (he was a vegan) brought up the point that cows are ruining the earth by grazing etc. just think its an interesting one for those who dont eat meat because they dont want to harm animals.

if i was to ever go vegetarian again (stopped because i was become malnourished) it'd be because of the health implications of eating meat and no udder reason.
It was 1985. I was 13, Meat Is Murder had just been released
a few people in my school stopped eating meat. Some obviously influenced by Morrissey's beliefs, a few others because it was cool to do so.

Do people still become vegetarian nowadays because they think it's cool / trendy or are those days gone?

I eat meat though I'm a little bit morally conflicted about it

Here are my general thoughts:
- eating meat is a natural thing for humans to do, it's part of our evolutionary baggage
- just because something is natural doesn't mean it's good (being nasty is also natural)

And here are my specific thoughts:
- I used to eat very little meat (I was very very broke at one point and got out of the habit), changed my policy about 2 and a half years ago and I've been far far healthier and have have much more energy ever since (I reckon this is probably mostly to do with increased protein and fat intake)
- I am very fond of cooking, and eating meat enormously expands your repertoire in the kitchen ... and I'm equally fond of eating, and cooking and eating gourmet food as often as possible is one of the Good Things about my life

And finally:
- I try really hard to do the right thing, so fuck it, allow me this one indulgence

whether its right or wrong not there will never be a clear cut answer to.........sure, its natural for humans to eat meat, and animals eat each other,but they lack the intelligence we have which enables us to lead healthy, meat free lifestyles. So in my eyes eating meat is a luxury, and personally think since we can susrvive not eating it, we shouldn'.t

I eat meat. Not every day but I do eat it.

I was vegetarian for about 5 years but got really run down from not eating meat so I decided to start eating it again.

I am very very picky about what meat I eat though.

processed meat - bleurrghh! the very thought of chicken nuggets or a ready to cook chicken kiev in a box makes me feel ill .

I only buy decent meat from a butcher.

If I am making meatballs I get steak mince as cheapy mince is just not as nice.

spiritualtramp said:
Yeah, I'm the same. I'd never eat a meat producted disguised in filo pastry. However, butchers give me the heebee jeebees. Walked past one in the liberties last week, not very pleasant seeing things like tripe! same goes for visiting the english market in cork. ugg.

spiritualtramp said:
I eat meat. Not every day but I do eat it.

I was vegetarian for about 5 years but got really run down from not eating meat so I decided to start eating it again.

I am very very picky about what meat I eat though.

processed meat - bleurrghh! the very thought of chicken nuggets or a ready to cook chicken kiev in a box makes me feel ill .

if i were to contribute to this thread, i would say all of the above.

ive only been veggie for about a year so for all i know this could happen to me in a few years.......but then again i know a lot of veggies who are at it for a good few years now, some 10+........i guess it depends on the person

I became a veg le tarian because I dont like meat. Im also not mad about the mass slaughtering of animals for dinner..but there it is. I think the whole food industry scenario has become extremely insane. the fact that there is skin in cheese simply baffles me.

In other news, I hate motherfuckers who say "oh you dont eat meat, but you'll wear a leather jacket!". eat shit pally.

i'm vegetarian but i said yes because i'm leaning in spiwitualtwampy's direction.
i also have a whole load of other thought on the subject that i've posted before but i have a flight to london to catch and a neurosis to go and see .l..l

egg_ said:
- eating meat is a natural thing for humans to do, it's part of our evolutionary baggage
nonsense

i don't see how it's that much harder to eat a healthy vegetarian diet than a healthy meat-eating one.

is this some sort of spin on the idea that we need to eat the cows cos otherwise there'd be millions and millions of them everywhere?

this thread stinks of moral cowardice. admit you don't really care or go vegan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back