Omnivore: Extremely concentrated urine
Human: Moderately concentrated urine

Nails
Carnivore: Sharp claws
Herbivore: Flattened nails or blunt hooves
Omnivore: Sharp claws
Human: Flattened nails

broken arm said:
I saw a documentary on the Sami people of Finland a few years back and one of the village/tribe elders hadn't eaten a vegetable until he was 45 or something. Apparently reindeer meat is very high in vitamins and minerals.
it's not widely known that reindeer are actually vegtables.

broken arm said:
Vegetarian Propaganda in the form of comparative analysis
Here's the logical flaw in the above:

This is a fact:
Humankind does not show the mixed
structural features one expects and finds in anatomical
omnivores such as bears and raccoons

This is inferred from the fact:
humankind's GI tract is designed for a purely
plant-food diet.

But the inference doens't make sense. What about other animals that are omnivores that aren't "anatomical omnivores"? An omnivorous diet is the most common feeding strategy among mammals, and is not restricted to bears, mustelids and canids - pigs, rats, chimpanzees are all omnivores, for instance, and none of those have the pointed teeth that the "anatomical omnivores" have

Sorry, broken arm, you're gonna have to do better than that

cassette/tape said:
Sorry egg_, While modern factory farming is particularly appalling, (Fast food nation etc) there is a serious ethical issue involved simply in the killing of, and widely accepted practice of abuse towards other living beings. Methinks that human ethical concern should encompass all beings who suffer and have interests, no matter what their species. Fair, no? The fact is that no meat or other animal products are necessary in our diet or for our survival, and i think this further strengthens this ethical claim.

but there'd be no more of this?

Ah right sorry, I thought you were presenting it as propaganda-that-is-true

BTW, all the "anatomical omnivores" in the above article are in Order Carnivora - i.e. their basic body structure is meat-eating but some of them have evolved to be omnivorous (or herbivorous in the case of the panda)

egg_ said:
Ah right sorry, I thought you were presenting it as propaganda-that-is-true

BTW, all the "anatomical omnivores" in the above article are in Order Carnivora - i.e. their basic body structure is meat-eating but some of them have evolved to be omnivorous (or herbivorous in the case of the panda)
i think this will solve the arguement gentlemen:
Meat Eating is Wrong:

The Spiritual Consciousness is affected.

The food you eat is the main source of the intricately balanced chemistry of your body, and what you eat affects your conciousness, emotions and physical patterns. By eating the flesh of another living being, you are introducing to your body and mind the chemistries of the animal, which include anger, jealousy, fear, anxietry, suspicion, and a terrible fear of death, all of which are
eyepyramid.gif
bound into the flesh of the butchered creature. For this reason, vegetarians live in a "higher conciousness" (being influenced only by their own thoughts, feelings, desires and fears, not those of a separate, lower being) and meat eaters live in a "lower conciousness" (being influenced by the thoughts, feelings, desires and fears of a separate, lower being). If one wants to live in higher consciousness, in peace and happiness and love for all creatures, then he cannot eat meat, fish, shellfish, fowl, eggs, or the flesh of any animal, or cause damage knowingly or unknowingly, to any other living creature, to advance or sustain his own being.

cows or monkies don't have what it takes upstairs to herd us into a pen and sqeeze our tits. i have eyes, therefore i must be a fish. jaesus.

cassette/tape said:
i think this will solve the arguement gentlemen:
Meat Eating is Wrong:

The Spiritual Consciousness is affected.

The food you eat is the main source of the intricately balanced chemistry of your body, and what you eat affects your conciousness, emotions and physical patterns. By eating the flesh of another living being, you are introducing to your body and mind the chemistries of the animal, which include anger, jealousy, fear, anxietry, suspicion, and a terrible fear of death, all of which are
eyepyramid.gif
bound into the flesh of the butchered creature. For this reason, vegetarians live in a "higher conciousness" (being influenced only by their own thoughts, feelings, desires and fears, not those of a separate, lower being) and meat eaters live in a "lower conciousness" (being influenced by the thoughts, feelings, desires and fears of a separate, lower being). If one wants to live in higher consciousness, in peace and happiness and love for all creatures, then he cannot eat meat, fish, shellfish, fowl, eggs, or the flesh of any animal, or cause damage knowingly or unknowingly, to any other living creature, to advance or sustain his own being.
ha ha ha...

doobie smokers live in a "higher conciousness" being influenced only by their own thoughts, feelings, desires and fears, not those of a separate, lower being, such as mumblin' deaf ro.

hag said:
ha ha ha...

doobie smokers live in a "higher conciousness" being influenced only by their own thoughts, feelings, desires and fears, not those of a separate, lower being, such as mumblin' deaf ro.
"Do you smoke the meat".

I've no idea what i'm trying to say.

[.

In other news, I hate motherfuckers who say "oh you dont eat meat, but you'll wear a leather jacket!". eat shit pally.[/QUOTE]

I think it'd be a bit hypocritical if you did'nt eat meat for moralistic reasons and wore a leather jacket, but you dont, so it does'nt matter

cozy said:
I think it'd be a bit hypocritical if you did'nt eat meat for moralistic reasons and wore a leather jacket, but you dont, so it does'nt matter
well, largely I dont eat meat because I dont like it and never did. but also, I dont like the idea of eating meat. and on the jacket thing, I dont buy a new jacket everyday. all the people who have said that line to me are complete morons. they, on hearing im a non meat eater, launch straight into their borrowed opinions from some hack comedian and use that jacket line as though theyre being extremely clever and astute. shove it, I say.

avernus said:
I dont buy a new jacket everyday. all the people who have said that line to me are complete morons. they, on hearing im a non meat eater, launch straight into their borrowed opinions from some hack comedian and use that jacket line as though theyre being extremely clever and astute. shove it, I say.
Yeah, they should jack it in.

cassette/tape said:
man, you gotta lay off mumblin'. move on hag! move on! ;)
ok, this will be the last thing ;)
i was out having a smoke today, pondering stuff, kickiong stones. and it's kinda mad how people can have friends which their other friends won't necessarily like. and then that got me to thinking about the essence of mumblin deaf ro. and for me, it goes something like this.

picture this... it's 1985, a suburb of dublin, say ballinteer. kids have been home from school for a couple of hours and are chattering around the kitchen table waiting for dad (MDR) to come home and dinner to be served.
the mam has bought a few fillets of cod and is half way through cooking them, the aroma well inside the curtin fabric at this stage. a key tunrs in the front door. it's dad. footsteps... the kitchen door opens. MDR walks in, sniffs the air... you can almost see the thoughts formulate in his brain as his mouth slowly opens to say, "there's something fishy going on in here."
that's MDR for me, in a nutshell. hee hee.

oh, and on the meat thing, what ever happened to live and let live? oh right... the animals are dying. right, never mind.
i would like not to eat meat. i was vege for 4 years when i was in college. didn't do it properly, started to not feel too good, very tired all the time. started eating meat again and it went away. i know i could have done it properly etc. but it's like recycling, it's much easier when you have 3 different bins. if all you've got is vegetables, just plain vegetables (being an extremely poor student), it can be unapetising. i didn't have too much time to spend cooking either. yes, i'm just lazy. i love animals but my brain stopped making the association between a steak and a living thing a long time ago. if i think about it, i won't enjoy the steak. so i don't think about it. yes, it's laziness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back