Is it okay to eat meat? (1 Viewer)

Is is okay to eat meat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i worked on a farm because my parents expected me to get a summer job and there was virtually no other jobs locally. only 10% of the protein an animal eats is retained in meat. about 1/8 of what a pig eats becomes pig weight. your diet is a personal choice. don't say you don't know what goes on. i haven't spoken to people outside my area about the bad experiences i had in this but i am now. people expect animals products on their plate but haven't got a clue about farms. screaming animals being loaded onto trucks with electric prodders, some die on the way to the factory regularly. i heard of many animals dying in live export shipments one i was told about over 1/3 of the pigs died enroute to italy. when i got away form this it was hard to come to terms with what i had been involved in and as i changed my life its affected me for years afterwards. i don't blame farm labourers -they are treated like shit. i used to ask myself why are we doing this when we could be eating the grain ? the idea farm animals can ever be treated compassionately is a joke in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back