Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lifeline

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Any fans of Iris DeMent here? I think she's fantastic - just listening to an early radio show she did in 1992, its great stuff altogether. you can get it off dimeadozen here....... theres loads of stuff off her first two albums as well as lots of covers, just iris and guitar.

i voted for my life, i like her old timey stuff best, rather than the nu-countryish stuff on the way i should... her new one is deadly too, as is infamous angel...

carry on.

Here' a roomful of fans I took a photo of last week.

201%20Empty%20exam%20hall.jpg

Who in the name of the squatting virgin and the holy latrine is Iris Dement and why shoud the general populace pop their collective heads out of their hining holes to take notice?

Elaborate, Elaborate.

glen said:
Nice try with the photoshopping there but you're not fooling anyone. Here's the original fuck sake.

i'll photoshop you. heres what you'll look like when im done:

Please could only sound people reply to this thread from now on, thanks.
Those are classics alright, jim. Mamas Opry and Calling For You also = .|..|::clef::

Brush said:
Who in the name of the squatting virgin and the holy latrine is Iris Dement and why shoud the general populace pop their collective heads out of their hining holes to take notice?

Elaborate, Elaborate.
brush, iris dement is an american singer songwriter of some considerable renown. please see my previous post in this thread then check out these websites:

official iris dement site
unofficial iris dement site

tsk. my thread is ruined.

I've been waiting years to see Iris DeMent and now she's playing the Longford arms on saturday september 25th - the one weekend im fucking out of the country.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

She's playing on July 24th at Campbells Tavern somewhere in rural co. galway as part of the galway arts festival. It appears to have sold out instantly. I had a tense evening yesterday while I had my people move heaven and earth to secure me a ticket but it seems at this stage that I do have a ticket. Taking nothing for granted until I'm there and she starts singing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2BAqUuIQqo" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

.|..|

I love her version of this song, I hope it makes the new album. She's already recorded a Lefty song on one of her albums, I dunno if that will influence her decision on this one.

[video=youtube_share;CStxTJNrr1g]http://youtu.be/CStxTJNrr1g[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back