Ireland (2 Viewers)

i'm not going to sit down and work out for certain, but in the last 10 years, i'd guess i've made fewer than 10 return trips on a plane for personal reasons. probably 10-12 for work. i do suffer from flygskam.

It was in the ryanair app the checkin bit that you use to actually get onto the plane that literally everyone that wants to get on the plane without doing a manual checkin uses. It was there dvance on arrival times both the ireland and scotland airport side of the booking. Airline apps are not a mystery/consipiracy - unless you like to fly analog?

Anywhooooo

Look as much as you guys dont like it, considering flying as public transport is insane - it might have been the norm over 2-3 decades of our lives but that doesn't mean we have a lifelong right to easily hopping around the globe. We live in a bubble - I KNOW that this onetime at bandcamp you got through an airport in 40 mins or whatever but that was normal for a very, very short amount of time. Instead of taking a mean weekly check in time, why not take a mean 200 year check in time for leaving ireland?
who does this apply to? Just Irish people? Are people allowed go home and see their families?

It was in the ryanair app the checkin bit that you use to actually get onto the plane that literally everyone that wants to get on the plane without doing a manual checkin uses. It was there dvance on arrival times both the ireland and scotland airport side of the booking. Airline apps are not a mystery/consipiracy - unless you like to fly analog?

Anywhooooo

Look as much as you guys dont like it, considering flying as public transport is insane - it might have been the norm over 2-3 decades of our lives but that doesn't mean we have a lifelong right to easily hopping around the globe. We live in a bubble - I KNOW that this onetime at bandcamp you got through an airport in 40 mins or whatever but that was normal for a very, very short amount of time. Instead of taking a mean weekly check in time, why not take a mean 200 year check in time for leaving ireland?

Did you even mention Ryanair before now? Funny enough I flew Ryanair to London a few weeks ago. Was warned to be at least two and half hours early yet security took five minutes to get through so I'm thinking this link to the airport live times is probably more reliable. I also used a screen shot of my boarding pass so didn't need an app or any print outs. Hopefully someone finds it useful anyhow.

who does this apply to? Just Irish people? Are people allowed go home and see their families?

you primarliy, and after that everyone on this thread.

I suspect rather than me explaining topeople how it's unsustainable as all fuck to live this way it'd be more educational for someone to try explain to me how it is ok and going to last? 40 years ago if you went to another country, that was accepted that you'd be gone a while and it'd be a massive undertaking for you to make a return visit. We are midway through a blip in western society that could end tomorrow that has setup international social bonds.

Just try and seperate out that saying getting on planes casually being more or less and insane development for humans being something that's pretty easy to prove and it being a personal slight on where people have ended up in life are connected but not connected things. Nobody personally asked for throwaway living at this level, it just sorta happened - but no more than an ever increasing property value around 2006 - it's built to fail. I could turn round and go populist and say ah shir look it's grand, but then i'd be lying to you and i don't like that. I'm really only saying unpopular true things at this point. As a bunch of people who have international connections that's obviously not what you want to hear but it will be something you'll have to give a lot of thought to in coming years.

I flew to ukraine for craic about 4 years ago, that ended overnight. We had free borders across europe and the uk, that ended in a few months. It was relatively easy securit wise to go to america, that ended in a week. Flight prices will increase all year and they will not start treating thier staff well for this reason. It'll get harder.

Of course if it was all rectified in the morning we'd be ever expanding into an unlivable planet in a decade where we'll probably have to ration travel in this form anyways.

So what about families and international social bonds - that's more a question for people who have them and are thinking ahead than it is for me - all i can see is the workings of a machine that doesn't actually work.

1653393658109.png

Did you even mention Ryanair before now? Funny enough I flew Ryanair to London a few weeks ago. Was warned to be at least two and half hours early yet security took five minutes to get through so I'm thinking this link to the airport live times is probably more reliable. I also used a screen shot of my boarding pass so didn't need an app or any print outs. Hopefully someone finds it useful anyhow.
Nah because i don't like their bots sniffing about the place - it's not like everyone here wouldn't be pretty much able to guess anyways.

Maybe it's because all the people on your flight heeded the warnings, and people on other flights didn't? Anywhoo i was making the point that people were forewarned of the delays and being then somehow taken aback by delays is being a whiny little bitch, which i stand by.

Nah because i don't like their bots sniffing about the place - it's not like everyone here wouldn't be pretty much able to guess anyways.

Maybe it's because all the people on your flight heeded the warnings, and people on other flights didn't? Anywhoo i was making the point that people were forewarned of the delays and being then somehow taken aback by delays is being a whiny little bitch, which i stand by.

I get your point and have no issue with it I just posted a really useful website that gives live queue times to make life even easier. Why you've taken issue with that I've no idea.

I will point out that calling men whiny little bitches isn't cool, now that you've used that insult again.

We get the airport we deserve, right @ann post ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It’s ok, the Ryanair app tells you the day before if there’s going to be a brawl at your gate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back