Ireland (1 Viewer)

The eu are gonna be profit scraping the electricity companies soon too so a portion of those profits might make it into winter schemes from that end. Only announced this week, no idea of method

I was away last week but I thought I read that there was going to be a €200 credit for paying bills on 3 bills in the coming months?

Just was checking when did all the privatisation happen.

View attachment 16277

Well now, wasn't it an EU thing really? Bertie didn't want to lose his safe votes from civil servants with cushty government jobs due to the cut and thrust of competitive markets.

I mean, I dunno, I nearly wrote my dissertation on "making government owned companies more efficient, rather than privatising everything in the name of competitive efficiency", which most of us now see is a crock shite.

The thing that enraged me was the broadband award
Like they couldn't get the ESB to do it because that would be against the EU's 'state aid' rules, supposedly

But really it was FG saying it was and it was not a fight they were willing to engage in with the EU, because giving a private company billions in taxpayer money for an infrastructure project was completely within FGs rules

It does sound like it maybe a bit of an advertisement for her company but it's mad that ya can't paint your walls the way you please.

id have ignored them. what are they going to do, trespass to paint over it? fuck the neighbours.
paint the gaff illuminous green just to piss them off.
Might be a situation where some boomer type who lives in the area and works in ABP decided this "art" bollix isn't going to fly on their watch.

unless there's something in the deeds about keeping it painted a singular colour, fuck em
And if there is, draw a massive jizzing cock with high gloss white on a mat white background. There's infinite ways to fuck with them.

Play silly games, win silly prizes. Make it clear that you're going to try every worse alternative that comes to mind for the foreseeable future.

id have ignored them. what are they going to do, trespass to paint over it? fuck the neighbours.
paint the gaff illuminous green just to piss them off.
Ha! You would in your bollocks .. Id say you'd shit yourself if you got a summons in the door

Or maybe you wouldnt..maybe you have the energy to take the fight all the way to the top!

Go on ya boya!

It was a poxy looking mural anyway that we're only just hearing about

Correct. But first they came for the Repeal mural and I tutted a bit, then they came for the shite ballet dancers with boxing gloves ("Loike, sooooooo clever!") and I said "seems over the top" - what happens if they come for my off-white Dulux next? Who will tut on my behalf?

Ha! You would in your bollocks .. Id say you'd shit yourself if you got a summons in the door

Or maybe you wouldnt..maybe you have the energy to take the fight all the way to the top!

Go on ya boya!

Nice of you to make wild assumptions,, thanks Gaz.
If I had paid money to buy that house and a neighbour wanted to take me to court over how I painted my house, absolutely I'd ignore them or even go to court over it.

Fuck em it's my house

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back