Ireland vs Willy Brandt and Lech Wałęsa (1 Viewer)

Chancellor Helmut Kohl!!! Kaiser Wilhelm!!! Heinrich Himmler!!! Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe!!! Franz Beckenbauer!!! Angela Merkel!!! Can you hear me, Angela Merkel??? Your boys took one hell of a beatinng! Your boys took one helllll of a beatinnngggg!!!

Hoolahan is top notch right now, I'd say he's actually one of the best players in the world in his position at the moment, but there's really very few other players doing what he does well.
At the moment we have 3 good players on really great form, in Brady, Hoolahan, and Walters. Even Glenn Whelan is playing some good shit right now. I reckon if our defence can hold it together, we've every chance of nicking a goal against Heinrich Himmler and coming away with 3 points. You never know!

Eh lads, just saying...

I'll never make another pessimistic prediction.. Was at the game, dunno how we managed it with that patched-up Championship standard backline but they defended like heroes, Keogh and Christie are the new Moran and Hughton.. It's all the sweeter to beat them with such a hilariously simple goal, fair play to Long for holding his nerve. If we do go on and qualify, it could be the start of a proper feel-good wave for Irish football, it's been so long since we had a result like that to get people properly excited.

Was praying for a Poland equalizer to give us a safety net because I was sure Germany would bag at least one goal, but the way our match ended if Scotland had held on for another 30 seconds we'd be going over to Warsaw needing just to avoid defeat for 2nd place.. The Scots scored 2 crackers and then let a free kick dribble through for Levandowksi to knock it in from a yard with the last kick of the game, I almost feel bad for them.. We're still in a decent position - a win or a high scoring draw (2-2 or more) puts us through, might as well go for it all guns blazing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back