Ireland vs The Rock, Kaiser Wilhelm (1 Viewer)

Team for tomorrow? The sounds coming from MON are that Hoolahan won't start. That would be hugely disappointing. Long/Keane is 50/50. It has to be Long really. Please no Walters on the flank.

Forde
Meyler JOSH Wilson Ward
McGeady Gibson Whelan Quinn McClean
Long

That's probably the team I'd be thinking of going with, and we're fucked, because Wilson and Ward are dodgy as fuck in those positions. Wilson is okay at left-back, whereas Ward is truly a shite footballer. I am renowned for my fucking shit touch, and it's still better than Ward's.
Have to say Meyler looked quite competent at right-back. Then again, we were playing fucking GIBRALTAR.

I was travelling all weekend and I just got to catch up with the highllghts of the international games.. The Gibraltar game was facile, obviously, I'm glad we went for the proper thrashing instead of easing up at 4-0 or something. As regards tomorrow, we'll need comparable amounts of luck to what Poland had to get anything out of it, Germany were very wasteful with their finishing in that game. They'll obviously be going all out to make up for that blip and I just don't think our defence in any combination of players available to us right now is solid enough to hold out against them for 90 minutes. On top of that we don't have the ammunition to hit them fast on the break like we'd need to do (besides Long charging through and chipping one into the keeper's arms maybe). I reckon a respectable but deflating 2-0 defeat is on the cards. Iceland are looking shit hot in their group, 3 wins out of 3, hope they qualify this time.

Germany 0-1 Ireland tonight. A Hummels catastrophe after 10 mins, lets a speculative through ball slip under his foot in a casual attempt to control it, and in zips Hall of Famer, who takes it past Neuer, inviting the trip, which comes. Red card, penalty, one-nil.
Ireland comfortable for the next 60 minutes, then a 20 minute onslaught ensues during which Germany hit the frame of the goal 3 times and Richard Keogh clears one off the line, slamming into the post in the process and going off with concussion, wasting some valuable time.

Who is our back four likely to be, Meyler / O'Shea / Wilson / Ward again? Clark and Pearce are the only ones who could come in..

Back when it seemed like we could beat anybody:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Chrsit, everything about that is retro. Retro Gilsey, baggy shirts, Ireland not being shit. It's just missing Eamon's 'fro and Johnny Logan dropping in for a chat.

Andre Schurrle is latest German to withdraw...am really fancying are chances of getting a point. Just placed a 20 euro bet @ 5/1 with PP.

Who is our back four likely to be, Meyler / O'Shea / Wilson / Ward again? Clark and Pearce are the only ones who could come in..

Back when it seemed like we could beat anybody:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not only that, at that point if we couldn't win it felt like no one could beat us. We were a good point for anyone.

Here's the Ireland team:
Code:
               Forde
Meyler   O'Shea   Wilson   Ward
McGeady   Whelan   Quinn   McClean
                Keane
               Walters
Going to interpret this as 4-4-1-1 as opposed to 4-5-1 with Keane alone up front, because I hope we're not trying that.. No Shane Long or Hoolahan. Defence as expected.

Can only follow text updates in work here but it sounds like we are attempting Moscow 2.0 and panicky punts downfield are the name of the game.. 1-1 in the Poland Scotland game meanwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back