Ireland v Russia (1 Viewer)

i hope to jayses trap doesn't pick the same lads as ever for this friendly. it's pretty clear some of them are not up to it. of critical importance is a left back. or someone who can play at right and let o'shea dawdle around on the left being the most decorated player of his generation whilst looking like someone has just roused him from a particularly deep snooze, because zinedine, great lad tho he may be, is fast heading down that hillside, having recently just gotten over it. pace of any sort will murder him. and it took him ages to get down the line.

ah mcgeady.... he just doesn't get the kind of free kicks that duffer gets. is it his mean little micheal flatly face?

long's ongoing scrap with his centreback last night was hillarious. long would be okay if he realised he wasn't playing gaa and added a goal or two to his game. and robbie needs to be told that he can't get away with a performance like last night again. he needs football, he needs to get out of spurs asap. and he needs to make that happen, rather than waiting around at a top four team imagining that he's good enough for the champions league. get out robbie. we still need you, god love us.

any news on o'hara? is he actually at spurs now?

Yeah, it'd be nice to see something like this next month:
Code:
               Westwood
Foley     O' Dea    Wilson    Ward\Cunningham
Coleman    McCarthy   Gibson\Whelan    Hunt
            Stokes   Long\Doyle
..depending on form etc..

Ok, lets see the following get a game against Norway. Jaysus fuckin Norway...should be fun

McCarthy
Walters
Marc Wilson
Stephen Ward
Kevin Foley
Greg Cunningham

Everton would be a great club for Robbie Keane

We need more options

I've said that hundreds of times You just have to look at how Langdon Donovan fit into the side to see how brilliant a move it would be for Keane. Keane (like Everton) is a white elephant now. Worth a lot to the right club but not worth spurs vauation.

Code:
               Westwood
            Stokes   Long\Doyle

Gibson has no futureI'd have Andrews/Whelan in there for some continuity apart from that it's a bright attack minded side. Slightly soft centered at the back though. Pity Duffy got such a bad injury Jags is out with a hamstring so he might have gotten a few games for us when Distin inevitably crocks himself in the derby.

Code:
               Westwood
            Stokes   Long\Doyle

Kelly, Ward, McCarthy and Stokes are the boys I'd like to see in. What has Stokes done to deserve the cold shoulder, and why are people not up in arms?
I'd start the next competitive game with Doyle and Stokes up front even. Jesus.

Yeah Roobie Keane's only scored 40 odd goals for his country so he obviously doesn't deserve a starting place. Sake.

Further more fuck you Harry Redknapp you cunt.

Calm down. I'm not saying drop Keane.
PS - did I mention that McGeady is the only player in the current first 11 who has the potential to improve?

40 odd goals in 100+ games doesn't mean he shoud start every game forever. Why not bring back Don Givens and Paul McGrath? (Actually, McGrath would still probably do a better job than McShane)

Robbie could have had a hat-trick last night. He got into the positions. He didn't score. He was poor overall. But he could have got goals on another night, playing with a bit more confidence, he's still our best striker by a long way. His run for that sitter in the first half was excellent, the kind of movement nobody else in our squad has the ability to contribute.
I've no problem with other players being tried in friendlies however.

Not sure how whoever posted that team has left out Fahey. Is this the syndrome whereby as soon as somebody starts a game, the saviour is the next lad who has been left out?

Robbie could have had a hat-trick last night. He got into the positions. He didn't score. He was poor overall. But he could have got goals on another night, playing with a bit more confidence, he's still our best striker by a long way. His run for that sitter in the first half was excellent, the kind of movement nobody else in our squad has the ability to contribute.
I've no problem with other players being tried in friendlies however.

Not sure how whoever posted that team has left out Fahey. Is this the syndrome whereby as soon as somebody starts a game, the saviour is the next lad who has been left out?

Seems that way yes. McGeady will never improve and I'm calm just saying that Keane is a damn fine player where as Stokes plays in Scotland Nuff said.

i thought it was a chance to see other lads. we've seen fahey and know that he's better than a lot of the other options. i like the cut of his jib. he could be a andrews who's not shit.

with robbie you play the percentage. he can be 95% shit, but still have enough to score the winner, and he could have scored the winner twice yesterday. thing is, for all the work long or doyle put in, they don't do goals very much, so they (long's record for ireland mustn't be too bad at this stage mind you...didn't he score a hattrick against denmark?)

Team for Norway

Given

Wilson O Shea Dunne Cunningham

Coleman McCarthy Fahey McGeady

Walters Keane

Worth a try to see if anyone stakes a claim while still keeping the definite starters involved. Midfield is probably too lightweight but its only a friendly.

kenny's hair still gives me the jeebies. it's hard to take him seriously at all.

Kenny's lack of hair, more like.

Trap seems to be saying he'll be making changes, but not too many:

"Obviously we look for others," he said. "We have already the names and we follow them over the next month. Maybe James McCarthy we look at him. Sure. But not only him. We look every moment to change and put the new players in the team. We saw Marc Wilson when he used to play at the back but he was not a defender and he likes to play midfield now. He’s clever, he’s tall and he reads the game very well. And we will look at other options.

"The tournament next year will also be a chance to try the new players but, remember, these are also games against Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. We cannot afford to take it easy in these games. And we also have a responsibility to protect the young players. For example, if you play badly and lose the game, then you risk damaging these young players. You can give them the possibility to grow but within reason. You have to think about the balance of the team."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back