Ireland v Russia (1 Viewer)

I reckon we'll eke out a 1-1 draw, Darren Gibson coming off the bench to hit one of his long rangers with a couple of minutes left after Russia go ahead in the first half. The idea of Arshavin and their pacey right sided winger Bystrov targeting Kilbane all night is filling me with dread though.

A bit disappointed at Richie's prediction given that he has close to a 100% record of spooky accuracy. The equaliser will be some relief though, it'll feel like a win.

Armenia beating the Slovaks 3-1 with about 5 minutes to go.. Nice one lads!! Shows how decent our result out there really was. Now all we need is a point or 3 tonight to make it a really good day.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

man i even got my little girl to say 'ey-YAH' when i said 'ire- LAND'........now she's gone to bed.....given up the taibhse

Painful stuff.. at least we didn't get hockeyed like we deserved. Game plan played into their hands and our players who aren't playing or are in poor form for their clubs looked as rusty as we feared. Russia were clinical and passed through midfield at lighting speed but they were given oceans of space and time to operate, it looked like 5 versus 0 in the middle most of the time. Whelan surely must be injured because he looked unable to run and Green tried but showed his major limitations at this level. Killer's side targeted as expected for the 2nd goal.

I suppose you have to credit us almost managing to hussle a draw out of it but it would have been a travesty of justice. McGeady I thought was one of our best on the night though he was constantly being double marked. I don't know what we can change really for Tuesday night, Gibson and Fahey in the middle for Whelan and Green maybe and shuffle the defence with O'Shea moving to the left and Foley in on the right. Not feeling optimistic of a rebound though.

Considering the comeback involved doing what hadn't been working for the first hour, just more of it, I'm amazed we got anything back at all. At least one of Robbie Keane's dodgy dives worked. Maybe a slight push, but pretty divey. Let's hope Trappatoni replaces poor aul Green for the game on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back