ireland/80s/metal/pictures (1 Viewer)

ill be more specific for you pete..

im putting together a short documentary about primordial for an upcoming DVD release. part of the doc contains some references to the irish metal scene and i was curious to see if anyone had any photos they'd consider putting forward.

anything considered..

Pete don't you have a pic with scott ian?

and you must have loads of morphosis publicity shots

i do, yeah. but not the latter. they're playing next friday so i'll say it to vinnie & george then. they probably have some stuff going back to the asphyxia days.

this was posted here before by tommytrousers

http://web.archive.org/web/20051227004749/http://www.sabbathlive.com/articles/Dublin83.htm

couple of pics from it. There's more.

5.jpg

11.jpg

there was a primordial post a while ago for footage but it didnt really yield anything.

was just curious to see if anything came up here. i may post over there soon too.

i do, yeah. but not the latter. they're playing next friday so i'll say it to vinnie & george then. they probably have some stuff going back to the asphyxia days.

I saw asphyxia in the spingfield hotel in maynooth a long time ago, maybe 1990. I think it was a battle of the bands. I remember they played Nuclear winter by Sodom and some Kreator. They were the cool metal bands from around my area, them and a band called overdrive.

yep I have a ton of photos from those days. Not sure if they're what you're looking for though. My makes and I used to use a roll of film every week, each time getting a free replacement when processing. Mainly just load of photos of teenagers messing around.

might be what im looking for. theres little piece on how it was rough for metallers in ireland and there was a lot of fighting and stuff. and also just a little bit on how gigs were often in slums and kids used to drink in carparks yadda yadda. (heavy metal carpark hah)

Yeah I'd say it was a laugh actually , go to amusement city have a few games of Ghost and Goblins drink a two liter of stone house , get the dart over to the top hat to see Napalm Death while drinking another two litter, meet some bird wearing a PLO-scarf and a Nato jacket with Kreator written on the back , then back to yours for a few 2 liters - nice

might be what im looking for. theres little piece on how it was rough for metallers in ireland and there was a lot of fighting and stuff. and also just a little bit on how gigs were often in slums and kids used to drink in carparks yadda yadda. (heavy metal carpark hah)

the only trouble i ever had was with other metallers, the lads that hung around amusement city. Two of them tried to rob a tshirt i was wearing by putting a craft knife to my neck before the Massacre gig.

ah, the Amusement City Moshers. they gave themselves the coolest nicknames...The Prophet of Hate & The Ultimate Warrior are only two i can remember.

jerks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back