• Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1

HMD

Supporter
Website
www.rockjihad.com
I got it the other day and am really happy with it. i haven't noticed any bugs so far. The UI design is lovely.

I couldn't be arsed getting a 5s, the os upgrade makes my 5 feel the way it should have felt when i got it.

Fine on my 4S, but for two things. One, there's a weird bug that makes Gmail freeze in Safari; it used to happen occasionally before but now it's every time. I have to close the tab and reopen it to get it to reload new e-mails. Pain in the arse.

And two, the parallax background thing only works for me if I close one eye.

i hear it does things my stone age android does.
my facebook feed is just the occasional person going 'I like the new IOS' followed by about 40 comments of ANDROID IS BETTER IT DID ALL THIS AGES AGO, YOU STUPID FUCKING APPLE FANBOY RAAARRRGHHGHGHGH

It's fine and grand etc but nobody is mentioning the complete BALLS they have made of the Music app.
Music (on iphone) > artists : brings up all the albums by that artist in one big long scrolling list. IT WAS GREAT BEFORE. NOW IT'S NOT.
On the ipad it's even worse. There seems to be a bug (I hope it's a bug) where albums are always shuffled. There's no way to just listen to an album from start to finish and then stop.

The new design is way too inconsistent too.

Also who the fuck are John Grant and Little Green Cars? And how do I tell my dog that I still lover her, it's just that she smells at the moment?

It's fine and grand etc but nobody is mentioning the complete BALLS they have made of the Music app.
Music (on iphone) > artists : brings up all the albums by that artist in one big long scrolling list. IT WAS GREAT BEFORE. NOW IT'S NOT.
On the ipad it's even worse. There seems to be a bug (I hope it's a bug) where albums are always shuffled. There's no way to just listen to an album from start to finish and then stop.

If you turn 'Group by Album Artist' on in the settings it stops listing them that way.

leaflet_cops2.jpg

Fine on my 4S, but for two things. One, there's a weird bug that makes Gmail freeze in Safari; it used to happen occasionally before but now it's every time. I have to close the tab and reopen it to get it to reload new e-mails. Pain in the arse.

And two, the parallax background thing only works for me if I close one eye.

Do yourself a favor and download the GMail app.

You can turn off the parallax hokey-pokey stuff in the Accessibility options. It's just unnecessary visual fluff anyway.

One thing I'm not mad on in iOS7 is the speed of the genie animation when opening/closing apps. It feels like it's just that little bit too long.

Maybe I described the problem badly but that doesn't change anything.

I rarely use the Music.app but just noticed, definitely a step back.

Here's a bit of a workaround for listening to just one album:

The workaround:

1. Go to Artists view, select an Artist with several albums, and start playing a song in the album you want to play. For example, at the top of Now Playing, I see "1 of 216" for a 13 track album, with the 216 being the total number of tracks for that artist.

2. Press the menu button in the upper right of the Now Playing screen, which will take you to a view of the single album with all its tracks, plus a Rating button in the upper left and a Done button in the upper right.

3. Press a different song, and immediately afterwards, press the song you want to start on.

4. Press Done. You're returned to Now Playing. I now see "1 of 13" for my 13 track album, and the playback is indeed confined to this one album. I can even press the Shuffle button to shuffle and play just the songs on this album. When the album is finished, I'm returned to the Artists view.

That works but it's still A LOAD OF BOLLOX.
At the moment I'm playing track 3 or 12 from Sloan - Parallel Play.
Press the < icon , I'm back in Artists. Makes no sense, I SHOULD be back in "Sloan".
And another thing, when in the Artist View you're presented with an album cover on the left with Artist Name, x albums, xx songs. That is so dumb, sometimes the album cover shown isn't even one of the albums on the phone.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back