Interesting Buildings (5 Viewers)

OP can get fucked, I'm posting off topic.

All I can see is the amount of crap to trip and injure yourself on during a simple trip upstairs to the jacks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why do I find the length of the chimney so funny?

OP can get fucked, I'm posting off topic.

All I can see is the amount of crap to trip and injure yourself on during a simple trip upstairs to the jacks.

Did they really cast concrete shelves into the fucking wall?
Like I mean, fine. But you are tied to them then forever almost.
Stick a few embeds in there or something - give yourself some flexibility

I get pretty annoyed by housing estates having stupid names. There is an amalfi court in letterkenny.
Amalfi is a merchant town/resort in southern italy. It is the townland of lisenan - which means ring fort.
But to anyone born post ahern-boom era that area is amalfi. A few thousand years of history diluted to mark a boomtime blip. Kinda hoping there is a bit of revision on a few of these.
I don't mind the Italian ones as much as the blatant west Brit aspirations of the ones that sound like they just ache for English respectability

Anyways, romantic Ireland's dead and gone, I suppose

I have been meaning to ask if anyone knows what the building on the North Road in the Phoenix Park with the big chimney is. But finding it on Google Maps to link here shows that the building beside it is called the Laundry Lodge. So I guess it was a laundry.

Google Maps

I don't mind the Italian ones as much as the blatant west Brit aspirations of the ones that sound like they just ache for English respectability

Anyways, romantic Ireland's dead and gone, I suppose
It's been a while since I've been on a Luas, but I found it weird that the Irish language name for a stop was a direct translation on their English language name. As in, all those name places that visitors find difficult to understand or pronounce are anglicisations of their Irish names. But surely somewhere like "Cherry Orchard" had a different name in Irish once upon a time. And then oddly on the Luas that english name is Gealicised.

Maybe it's a good thing, I'm not sure.

It's been a while since I've been on a Luas, but I found it weird that the Irish language name for a stop was a direct translation on their English language name. As in, all those name places that visitors find difficult to understand or pronounce are anglicisations of their Irish names. But surely somewhere like "Cherry Orchard" had a different name in Irish once upon a time. And then oddly on the Luas that english name is Gealicised.

Maybe it's a good thing, I'm not sure.
It depends on the stop. Windy Arbour is Na Glasáin, which means “The Greens” or something similar. The English name refers to Windy Harbour on a river that no longer flows through the area.

boijmans-van-beuningen_rotterdam_nl_jansen-ag_02.jpg

EYjP3uhXkAUwhfQ

Equally interesting is the offfice cycle park. I love that building and the vision it represented.

EYkmotxVAAIbXeK.png

source: Representing An Busáras – Architects’ Journal 1954

It is just the time to revitalise the whole thing - I'd love to see it all restored to the day it was opened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back