Insomnia (1 Viewer)

sugar_referee

Not the "café" , which actually makes me more angry , but I haven't really gotten more than three or four hours proper sleep a night in about six months. I've never slept that well but now it's fucking me up during the day , and I'm getting sick a lot more often as well. i've tried exhausting myself with exercise as well as reading but they just seem to make me more awake. Anybody in the same boat? What did you try? I guess it's not really proper medical grade insomnia but it's a catchier title.

worked for about a month, or if I've been drinking a lot (which generally culminates in sick because I've zero tolerance for booze) , but after that just made me slightly paranoid, and I wouldn't want to keep that up even if it worked still.

Drink maybe three cups of coffee a week, and I've stopped eating after eight. I wouldn't be going so mental if I had some interesting/ sexy thoughts to keep me occupied

if you're not on any medication try valerian and hops complex

valerianahopscomplex.jpg

p.s. exercise and reading are stimulants. chaces are they will keep you more awake.

depends on what you are reading.

I can send you over copies of some of the papers I have written recently. sleep guaranteed.

Trite as it sounds, i've found recently that turning off telly/music at about nine and reading for about 45 mins puts me straight to sleep for ten. Wish i'd known this years ago. Though if it's going on for months i'd say get yourself to a doctor.

Listening to very soothing/droning music when you're settling down to sleep really helps.

I was having a terrible time trying to sleep a few months ago, my mind would just keep racing, and listening to the likes of Stars of the Lid was like audio vallium.

Self gratification may help.

Over the last 4 months i've quit smoking and started taking a lot of exercise which has led to many restless nights. I play video games and drink coffee a lot too which doesn't help i guess.

Does anyone believe the direction that your bed faces makes a difference?

i can't listen to music going asleep at all
i usually listen to audio commentaries on dvd's
always works for me now

i'm sleeping a lot better these days

oh yeah healthy eating! you can't beat it

Listening to very soothing/droning music when you're settling down to sleep really helps.

I was having a terrible time trying to sleep a few months ago, my mind would just keep racing, and listening to the likes of Stars of the Lid was like audio vallium.

That new stars of the lid gives me such intricate,complex dreams,its nuts.
I get that a lot too,where as soon as I settle down to sleep my mind kicks into overdrive,having something droning or ambient to distract your mind works a charm.

Although in saying that,the night before last I listened to
Brian Enos Discreet music for the first time and it bored the shit out of me,had to turn it off,first time thats ever happened to me with him.

That new stars of the lid gives me such intricate,complex dreams,its nuts.

Actually, now that you mention it I've noticed that too. Hadn't put the two together before but thinking back they're definitely linked, don't get the dreams if I've been listening to something else. Hmmm, I wonder what that's about. They're not bad dreams though.

Actually, now that you mention it I've noticed that too. Hadn't put the two together before but thinking back they're definitely linked, don't get the dreams if I've been listening to something else. Hmmm, I wonder what that's about. They're not bad dreams though.

Ha yeah, same here, I've been listening to it at night, and falling asleep with it pleasantly soothing my mind into a sort of dreamy hypnosis, but then I usually wake a little later and find it has scared me awake and is suddenly disconcerting.

I find that when I can't sleep that l forcefully open my eyes. When my eyes are open for a while it sort of clears my mind of racing thoughts (what normally causes my insomnia) and I get proper relaxed and sleepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back