INHERENT VICE (Paul Thomas Anderson/Thomas Pynchon) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

IV%2BPOSTER.jpg

No spoilers please folks. I haven't read the book.

So saw this last night at a preview screening. It looks fantastic and the costumes are great.

Don't know if I like the movie though - I'll see it one more time in the cinema because it's PTA and I'm a huge fan of his work.

I enjoyed it a lot.
Were you at the ODEON screening?

I was really tired so that may have detracted from my enjoyment but I just thought most of the movie felt like the dragging third act of the master. I just heard Paul Thomas Anderson say in a Vice interview - "the movie is kind of boring, it's just people talking in rooms".

I was really tired so that may have detracted from my enjoyment but I just thought most of the movie felt like the dragging third act of the master. I just heard Paul Thomas Anderson say in a Vice interview - "the movie is kind of boring, it's just people talking in rooms".

I live in the US

The Master is great.

I love it! I love PTA!

But I just think that there are 3rd act issues in The Master that either present themselves or flee depending on my mood. I felt that a lot of Vice had that uneasy narrative feeling. I will see it again though in the cinema because I am a fan.

I love it! I love PTA!

But I just think that there are 3rd act issues in The Master that either present themselves or flee depending on my mood. I felt that a lot of Vice had that uneasy narrative feeling. I will see it again though in the cinema because I am a fan.
That's your problem, right, not PT Anderson's

It did feel a little long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back