Indie Record Shops in Dublin (1 Viewer)

that one in georges street arcade may be worth a look?

I picked up a Crumbsuckers record theyre for 7 blips, bargain. Didn't have enough time to look properly at everything though but seemed like they had a varied kettle of fish goin on there...

p.s Plugd is yer only man Wobbler.

There's another freebird on Wicklow st in the Secret Book and Music Store or whatever it's called. My gut tells me Temple Bar would be better stocked in that kind of thing though.

Not the kind of thing I'd be interested in myself so i may be off the mark but maybe worth checking out these.
City Discs?
Also maybe Beatfinder Records? It's somewhere in that vintage clothes shop facing central bank a few doors from the Foggy Dew.

Failing that there's a record fair in the Bernard Shaw on Sunday. might have some joy there? check out the bodytonicmusic website. You'll find details on some of the sellers if you search the events tab run by "12"

Is Freebird in Temple Bar the only shop with a halfway decent selection of deep house and disco on vinyl?
yeah, that sort of thing is being pushed in that shop. drop in and chat to giaco if you need anything sourced.

not much of that in the wicklow street branch.

Thanks for the help everyone. I was in Beatfinder a few days back and thought it went a little downhill. They seem to have bulk bought loads of Abbey Disc's stock, so there's loads of rubbish to wade through but there doesn't appear to be as much stuff I'm into as there used to be.

Never been to the fare at GBS, I must check it out.

Got a Theo Parrish and an Omar-S record in Spin Dizzy, so I'm happy.

i find the shops in dublin arent great for that kinda thing. you can be lucky the odd time with city discs and spin dizzy in fairness. im gonna check out freebird at the weekend even though i am rather broke. must check out the 12 record fairs too.
there is a seller on discogs - undergroundsounds - based in galway. have bought from him a few times, well worth a look. you'll get your records the next day like. and if youre stuck, or, bored in work (guilty as charged) juno.co.uk is good and super cheap. i try to buy most stuff in shops but would order from there the odd time as well.

There's Spindizzy in George's Street arcade as well... and Into the Void if you're into metal. The Record and Game Exchange where Road was has a few (mostly local release) records for sale, but the vast majority of their stuff is second hand.

Tower above Easons on O'Connell street has a very small amount - mostly overpriced reissues though. As is also the case with that touristy Irish music shop on Nassau Street.

Thanks for that. The one ray of light in the miserable record shop apocalypse is that the remaining shops are located conveniently close together so there's no need to traipse all over town to check all of them.

I'm interested to see how long that R.A.G.E shop lasts. I was there a while ago....not the most inspiring place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back