In defence of hipsters (1 Viewer)

Didn't people (some of them here) slag of The Thrills for the exact same reason?

Nah they were slagged for pretending/sounding like they were from California rather than South County Dublin where they lived. I believe they'd been on a J1 to California and that was used also against them.

Our last discussion of the Thrills -

KODALINE ARE PEEWANK. | Page 2 | thumped.com

we're really into them it seems. I bet no one else on the internet has discussed them since.

There are zero pop songs of the type that I like on that record. I found it full of songs that were so terrified of sounding 'dated' that they retreated into retro noises in the mistaken belief that because some songs from the 60's and 70's somehow turned out to be timeless that all you had to do was emulate their sound and you'd be ok. They ended up completely devoid of any original character.

Kind of like how Haim make me want to listen to music from 1986 rather than Haim themselves.

Obviously if it ticked some boxes for you then listen away but don't expect to be able to talk me into liking it.

heavy stuff from me there o_O

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this, but I registered as the singer's name (Not taken!) on the Thrills fan messageboard when they were a thing.

I trolled those poor teens constantly, but mildly.

I used to start threads about how Celtic would do in the Premier League and the Ploughing Championships and how great chicken was.

Then people started PMing me, asking me to visit their brothers that were dying of cancer and all that shit, so I had to bail.

To be clear, I asked how Celtic would do in the Ploughing Championships.
I said that they would win.

Lots of shit about fame being a double edged sword and no one understood me (instant 50 PMs)
And dumb rockisms like "by the time we hit Salt Lake we were basket cases, man"

Anything I could remember from Smash Hits really. I thought I was hilarious.

This was like 2003 - the internet was still quite innocent.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this, but I registered as the singer's name (Not taken!) on the Thrills fan messageboard when they were a thing.

I trolled those poor teens constantly, but mildly.

I used to start threads about how Celtic would do in the Premier League and the Ploughing Championships and how great chicken was.

Then people started PMing me, asking me to visit their brothers that were dying of cancer and all that shit, so I had to bail.

To be clear, I asked how Celtic would do in the Ploughing Championships.
I said that they would win.

Lots of shit about fame being a double edged sword and no one understood me (instant 50 PMs)
And dumb rockisms like "by the time we hit Salt Lake we were basket cases, man"

Anything I could remember from Smash Hits really. I thought I was hilarious.

This was like 2003 - the internet was still quite innocent.
Go you.

This dreamboat

img02a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back