Imelda May (1 Viewer)

She keeps coming up in my FB sidebar yoke! It's doing my head in. I believe Donal Lunny and Mary Black were on her show tonight :( Same old, same old RTE establishment.

I talked to some people who went to see her recently and they were saying the majority of the audience were middle-class mom and dad types. There's no doubt she's a great singer and entertainer but I do think that she's benefiting from operating in a vacuum in this country.

I talked to some people who went to see her recently and they were saying the majority of the audience were middle-class mom and dad types. There's no doubt she's a great singer and entertainer but I do think that she's benefiting from operating in a vacuum in this country.
my parents have her CD in their car, and they're pure middle-class classical music types
a damning indictment if ever there was one

Was sort of shocking how much her show ripped off 'Later..' but at least she was bare faced about and even said it to Joolz face.

The bit I watched I thought she handled pretty well, and if the guests were good, I was thinking I'd happily watch it.

But then the Ripshitemovement came on. Telly went out the window

She keeps coming up in my FB sidebar yoke! It's doing my head in. I believe Donal Lunny and Mary Black were on her show tonight :( Same old, same old RTE establishment.

Brought my wife to see her in the Iveagh Gardens last year. I guess because we're middle class mammy and daddy types now. The audience had more of a Live at 3 feel I thought. There was a lot of blue rinse there. She was really good though. Played a lot of new stuff that no one had heard

Thumped hates it when anyone becomes successful.

I hated her before she was successful.

But really, as Diddles said with regard to RTE, it's always the same old faces being flogged like a dead horse. So Imelda gets a show on RTE and they have to push her on us like she's the second coming. Then when her show airs its essentially The Jools Holland show with a different host. And a guest appearance by Jools Holland.
I get the feeling she plays up her Dublin accent in some attempt to come across as more 'real'. Similarly with Damien Dempsey.

While I'm moaning- The fucking Strypes? Another act that's being flogged to death by the Irish media to the seeming indifference of the Irish public.

Pardon my disjointed complaining.

I still think she is very good at what she does. I went to a live gig once. Great vocals (if dodgy lyrics), great band. Her husband is one of my favourite guitarists.
But the gig was full of ..well.. "squares" telling everyone to behave and shushing people. I won't got to another one...unless my band are paid loads of money to support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back