I'm going to buy a record player................... (1 Viewer)

many years ago I worked in an animal feed plant, in the lab, testing stuff.

There was a handyman welder in his early 60's who was one of those guys who if he had the access to education would probably have ended up in academia. Very smart and more than a little eccentric.

he was a serious audiophile, used to regal me about making his own amps, speakers he bought etc. after one particular purchase he told me

''it sounds like Red Hurley is right there in the room with you''

what I took from this exchange was that it doesnt matter what system you have, if your taste in music is shit.
And many audiophiles do tend to have truly awful taste in music.

Freebird seem to be only offering vinyl on new releases & reissues on their site lately.
It's turning me off buying tbh. I haven't bought any vinyl since December 21.

Oh man, I've been following that one, years of lads bragging about their golden ears, torn up when it turns out there was a digital step in the chain
It’s so sweet. Came across it on YouTube the last few weeks. That guy michael fremer comes across as some douche.

Such a cool thing, but it looks like something that will make shit of every record it plays
Not at all. It’s actually a decent build, as part of their anniversary series, with a perfectly fine AT cartridge (upgradable) and good tracking force etc.

See for yourself (the limited version that sold out immediately, but assuming the unlimited one has the same specs)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is beautiful, if a bit gimmicky. I watched without sound. Was the £274 mentioned, the price of the thing? I want one, but kind of hard to justify at that price when you can get a very decent turntable for less.

That is beautiful, if a bit gimmicky. I watched without sound. Was the £274 mentioned, the price of the thing? I want one, but kind of hard to justify at that price when you can get a very decent turntable for less.
A very decent turntable and a feed of burgers.

I kinda want a second turntable for my workshop but don't know how much I want to spend. Anyone have a any recommends around 150 euro? I have the Audio Technica LP120 and looking at their budget LP60. Also checking adverts for any deals.

Now looking at the Project Primary E. Anyone any experience with those?

digression:
I must have listened to about 60 different LP in the last few weeks. as a result of a spring clean of records.
I try to go through all of them once a year (600 plus LPs plus nearly twice that 7 inches).
I had never really cleaned the records before but did about 60-70 of them this time.
The worst problem was the odd outer sleeve getting mould spots on the inside. pressings on several labels were repeat offenders on this.
The records were in surprisingly good condition. nothing new to worry about.
still have to do the EPs.
so the last few years I've listened to more vinyl than ever.

back on track:
my amp is a bit dodgy and half the time only one speaker works. if I move the jack from the speaker around at the back of the amp it can solve it but clearly something isn't connecting properly - it is an entry level Pioneer amp cost 225 about 6 years ago.
I have also had this problem with old cheapo equipment I had before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back